BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AllTel
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Need help setting different ring tones to different people

Please Login to Remove!

So far I can only figure out how to set one ringtone in general. So everyone who calls it will sound the same. I need a little help in finding out how I can set different ringtones for different people in my address book. Thanks again.

Last edited by Jay9989 : 06-10-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Offline  
Old 06-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay9989 View Post
So far I can only figure out how to set one ringtone in general. So everyone who calls it will sound the same. I need a little help in finding out how I can set different ringtones for different people in my address book. Thanks again.
Here you go!

How can I personalize my alerts from specific contacts? - BlackBerryFAQ

E-
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 06-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AllTel
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks. That was a rather quick problem to figure out. Downloaded a couple new ringtones since I got my memory card today. Got an 8gb micro sdhc. Although im not sure why I want to pay 2.99 per ringtone when I could just edit a song to take out a 15 second clip and save it and move the file to my phone couldn't I?
Offline  
Old 06-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Just me
 
fonejunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: iFone
OS: iOS4
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility
Posts: 2,292
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

yes.
Offline  
Old 06-11-2008, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
takeshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston
Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 7,741
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay9989 View Post
Although im not sure why I want to pay 2.99 per ringtone when I could just edit a song to take out a 15 second clip and save it and move the file to my phone couldn't I?
It's there to take advantage of those who don't know how to do that. I don't know why you would either...
Offline  
Old 06-12-2008, 01:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 240
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay9989 View Post
Thanks. That was a rather quick problem to figure out. Downloaded a couple new ringtones since I got my memory card today. Got an 8gb micro sdhc. Although im not sure why I want to pay 2.99 per ringtone when I could just edit a song to take out a 15 second clip and save it and move the file to my phone couldn't I?
yeah don't do that to yourself. you can do that or there are plenty of websites that allow you to make a longer ringtone for free.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.