BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2008, 07:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: Blod
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default New FaceBook Appl for BlackBerry people - Its Cool

Please Login to Remove!

In April Vringo (the company I work for) announced a new Facebook application that lets you easily see your friends’ pictures every time they call, creating a unique type of “visual caller ID.” The application is free to download from Facebook and will be available worldwide.

Today we released version 1.0 of Vringo for Facebook. This new version works on Blackberry using the native contact fields!

Free to use and easy to set up, Vringo lets you quickly send your friends Facebook pix to your cell phone. Here you can go : Vringo | Facebook

After installing the facebook app you should go to: Vringo Facebook on your blackberry browser to complete the set up process.

Please let us know what you think. Feel free to send emails to [email address]

Its
Offline  
Old 06-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LA
Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 209
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Don't use facebook, but I like the idea of showing the whole picture when someone calls.
__________________
GREEN BiG BiRDZ/ YELLOW & BLUE NiKE'S!
Offline  
Old 06-18-2008, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
avelasqu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Battle Ground
Model: 9900
OS: .540
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 535
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nice. Will they be doing this for Myspace as well?
__________________
www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 06-18-2008, 12:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
mettleh3d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 139
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Full res caller ids? I'm THERE!
Offline  
Old 06-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
avelasqu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Battle Ground
Model: 9900
OS: .540
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 535
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

So how does the Facebook application grab the bits from your contact information? Most of my Facebook friends dont share their phone number on their site.
__________________
www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 06-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
mettleh3d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 139
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

......-_- I dont get how this app works
Offline  
Old 06-18-2008, 01:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
davidlleroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Model: 9530
PIN: 301880B6
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 270
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Is anyone using this that can explain?
__________________
Treo 700w > BB 8830 > BB 9530
Offline  
Old 06-18-2008, 01:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
mettleh3d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 139
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You install the vringo app on your phone, goto facebook on your pc and add the vringo app. Then you enter a PIN onto your phone fb gives you. Your phone should then send all its contacts to your pc facebook app.

You then start manually matching contacs to your friends.

I had a buddy call me, it didn't work.

Plus not all my friends have a Vringo picture even though they DO have a profile pic.
Offline  
Old 06-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
davidlleroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Model: 9530
PIN: 301880B6
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 270
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mettleh3d View Post
You install the vringo app on your phone, goto facebook on your pc and add the vringo app. Then you enter a PIN onto your phone fb gives you. Your phone should then send all its contacts to your pc facebook app.

You then start manually matching contacs to your friends.

I had a buddy call me, it didn't work.

Plus not all my friends have a Vringo picture even though they DO have a profile pic.
So your friends need to add this FB app for this program to work...
__________________
Treo 700w > BB 8830 > BB 9530
Offline  
Old 06-18-2008, 03:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,962
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

pretty cool app
Offline  
Old 06-18-2008, 04:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
rachamphetamine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 3,117
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm puzzled, but it sounds pretty neat to me so I'll check it out!
Offline  
Old 06-18-2008, 06:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
dmiller1856's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Alabama, USA
Model: 8310
PIN: ASK
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 66
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've had it for a few weeks... and it doesn't work very well. The picture is not full screen... most of the screen is taken up by the Vringo logo. It also prevents your custom ringtones from playing when someone calls who you have set up an exception for... it defaults to the default ringtone... (well that happens about 90% of the time... the other 10% the custom ringer does play)...

It is a good idea, and I have kept it around in hopes that they can improve it... but it isn't fully functional just yet...
__________________
War Eagle!
Offline  
Old 06-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
davidlleroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Model: 9530
PIN: 301880B6
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 270
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller1856 View Post
I've had it for a few weeks... and it doesn't work very well. The picture is not full screen... most of the screen is taken up by the Vringo logo. It also prevents your custom ringtones from playing when someone calls who you have set up an exception for... it defaults to the default ringtone... (well that happens about 90% of the time... the other 10% the custom ringer does play)...

It is a good idea, and I have kept it around in hopes that they can improve it... but it isn't fully functional just yet...
This seems to be the consensus on FB
__________________
Treo 700w > BB 8830 > BB 9530
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright © 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM © and BlackBerry © are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.