The unlock code has been confirmed from 3 different sources, but every time it is entered the result is, “code error: please wait…”
1) The IT policy has been removed
2) Password is disabled
3) It has been updated to the latest handheld operating software
4) I have done “Wipe Handheld”
5) The carrier is Rogers, Canada – their unlock codes are 8 digits.
So far no one has been able to solve this mystery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
First i paid $20 for the unlock code, when that code didn't work i used a program called "free blackberry codes reader" and it gave me the same code. Today I took it to a shop and they also confirmed that the code is correct.
i cant remember, does the 7100 show the numbers as you are typing them in?
5. The BB will ask for a code. NOTE: You must use the "alt" or "shift" key to enable numbers so example would be: m-e-p-"alt key"-2 Now you should see the place to enter your net unlock code.(if not, you didn't type in mep2 or mepp2 properly.)
I found a solution to my problem. It happened to be in another thread: 24241-sim-unlock-tool.html
The application "SIM_Unlock_Tool_USB_BlackBerry" did the trick. Running did a simple flashing to my BB, after it brought the number of MEP code tries to 10, i then entered the MEP code and ...... code accepted.