Originally Posted by alpharetta
I am new to BB and this day one for me. Just upgraded Nokia 6610 to BB 8320 with TMobile. I did not purchase any additional services for my BB with Tmobile yet. I have few questions and need your advices:
1. How do I transfer my wallpaper/ringtone from Nokia to BB? I am able to download the wallpaper from Nokia to my PC but cannot download the ringtones to my PC. It says copyright protected. I do have some free ringtones in my PC, but I have not figure out how to upload them to the BB yet. Any hint?
2. I am able to connect my BB to my Wifi router. In the top right corner, there is icon WiFi-UMA. However I am not able go to the internet. I open the browser, goto www dot yahoo dot com, and then BB says I am allowed to access to that website!!! Do I need to purchase any special service from TMobile to get to internet? I assume not because my BB is already connected to my rounter/Internet... I could be wrong. Please advice.
3. From Option/Status/About it says "v126.96.36.199 platform 188.8.131.52" What does it mean? Is it the OS version? What the benefit to upgrade the newer OS version, which I saw in this forum?
Thanks a lot.
1. Download Desktop Manager (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/);
it will allow you to add media to your device from your computer.
2. Your device isn't connecting to the internet because you don't have a BlackBerry plan. You will need one in order to fully utilize your BlackBerry. You can add one to your plan with T-Mobile for $19.99/month.
3. Yes, what you are seeing is the version of the BlackBerry operating system installed on your phone. Upgrading would give you additional features such as a video camera and HTML email. Upgrading has both advantages and disadvantages so do your research before hand.
Welcome to the forums. Please use the search option to look at previous posts and find answers to your questions (try to only ask what hasn't already been answered). Use BlackBerry FAQ
for great tips on how to get started. Good luck, and welcome to the club!