BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Sync email with outlook

Please Login to Remove!

I would like to sync my email on my Blackberry pearl with my outlook emails so that I have the same emails on both machines.
Is that possible as we do it with Windows Mobile ?
Offline  
Old 08-12-2008, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
djm2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 4,637
Post Thanks: 29
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Welcome to the forums.

Email doesn't sync as it does in the WM world. Once you have an account establish, all of your new emails will be pushed to the device. Old emails will not.
Offline  
Old 08-14-2008, 11:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Everett, WA
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 27
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes, emails don't sync with blackberry desktop manager. Once you set up email you get them therefore you don't need to sync them. You can create an existing email account as it is on your outlook to your blackberry. If you are with Verizon, you can go to BlackBerry Internet Service to create a new email account. It is easier than doing it from the device.
Offline  
Old 08-14-2008, 11:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have similar question. I don't have the Blackberry email service setup yet. but I would like to synch up the contact/phone book in my PC with the BB. How should I do this?

Thanks
Alpharetta
Offline  
Old 08-14-2008, 11:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Appleinator
 
Dubdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Model: App5
OS: AJBR549
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Posts: 20,035
Post Thanks: 54
Thanked 782 Times in 742 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpharetta View Post
I have similar question. I don't have the Blackberry email service setup yet. but I would like to synch up the contact/phone book in my PC with the BB. How should I do this?

Thanks
Alpharetta
Have you tried reading the user guide that came with the BB? You can also search and read the FAQ. You will find a bit of work on your part goes a long way here.

Plus it isn't nice to hijack a thread.
__________________
-->>BB FAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter


If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 02:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Model: 8700r
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Serious BB Syncing Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvainbeaudet View Post
I would like to sync my email on my Blackberry pearl with my outlook emails so that I have the same emails on both machines.
Is that possible as we do it with Windows Mobile ?
I see that this was responded to by saying that only the new emails will be pushed forward. My BB unfortunately wiped itself clean after I entered the incorrect password too many times and now I cannot get all of my existing emails either in my inbox or existing folders. Our IT people at work are not getting anywhere and I seriously refuse to believe that there isn't a way. I have tried everything I can think of but if you sync it, it should get everything! I'm hoping for a miracle. I mean, what if I ended up getting a new BB? When I got my last one they did a backup and then downloaded it. Unfortnately this time I had not backed up the emails. Is there a way to backup the emails that are in Outlook to a file that is compatible and then sync to BB?
Offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 06:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
ReggieSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Model: Bold
OS: 4.6.0.167
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default message redelivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmhughes View Post
I see that this was responded to by saying that only the new emails will be pushed forward. My BB unfortunately wiped itself clean after I entered the incorrect password too many times and now I cannot get all of my existing emails either in my inbox or existing folders. Our IT people at work are not getting anywhere and I seriously refuse to believe that there isn't a way. I have tried everything I can think of but if you sync it, it should get everything! I'm hoping for a miracle. I mean, what if I ended up getting a new BB? When I got my last one they did a backup and then downloaded it. Unfortnately this time I had not backed up the emails. Is there a way to backup the emails that are in Outlook to a file that is compatible and then sync to BB?
Does your company use a BES server at work, or are you guys relying on BIS? If you are using BES then you would get everything that is in your corporate (desktop) mailbox re-sync'd to your device. If you are using BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) then only NEW messages would be automatically pushed. You could forward the emails to yourself from your desktop and then "THOSE" would be delivered.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.