08-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Join Date: Aug 2005
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, after fiddling around with it for the last couple of hours, here's what I did to get rid of the dups. First of all, I turned off wireless synch for the addr book. Next, in my address book (Contacts) on my Outlook server, I removed all the entries (after I backed it up), except one dummy entry (it wouldn't let me identify an "empty" folder as one to sync with). Then I went in with Desktop Manager, and did a manual sync, which caused all the blackberry entries (with the dups) to be copied up to the Contacts folder on the BES server. Next, I manually deleted all the dups off the server. Then I resynched the Blackberry to it, and it synched it up and deleted all the extras.
It's almost as if it got confused in there somewhere about which direction to go.
Anyway, I know this seems convoluted, but it worked. Kooky.