BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2005, 01:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
breakerfall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Model: 9530
OS: 4.7.0.90
PIN: EAPPLE!
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 214
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default verizon and mailstreet

Please Login to Remove!

hi all,
having some issues here that seem to have started some time on 9/2, all was working fine beforehand...

in short, i have no internet access via MDS...
blackberry browser specifically states so, and i am unable to connect with pocketday (weather) or IM+, all of which worked previous to this issue...

i am able to access the web via internet browser, which uses verizon directly....

mail via mailstreet works fine

i have:
reset,
re-registered via options | HRT
redone enterprise activation
performed a handheld wipe and reloaded from a backup

mailstreet live chat support says my account looks good and there are no known issues with my setup

any ideas?

7250, btw...

thanks,
mike
Offline  
Old 09-03-2005, 07:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Maryland
Model: 7250
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 337
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakerfall
hi all,
having some issues here that seem to have started some time on 9/2, all was working fine beforehand...

in short, i have no internet access via MDS...
blackberry browser specifically states so, and i am unable to connect with pocketday (weather) or IM+, all of which worked previous to this issue...

i am able to access the web via internet browser, which uses verizon directly....

mail via mailstreet works fine

i have:
reset,
re-registered via options | HRT
redone enterprise activation
performed a handheld wipe and reloaded from a backup

mailstreet live chat support says my account looks good and there are no known issues with my setup

any ideas?

7250, btw...

thanks,
mike
Mike,

Try this. Go to Options, Firewall, Status, Change Option, Disabled, Save.
__________________
Dusty
Offline  
Old 09-03-2005, 07:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: LaBrea tarpits, Los Angeles
Model: 9812
PIN: 6.02214179E23
Carrier: TMO US
Posts: 300
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakerfall
hi all,
having some issues here that seem to have started some time on 9/2, all was working fine beforehand...
There is a chance that it is not mailstreet, and not verizon.

My T-Mobile data access quit for my Blackberry quit at sometime after 3am EDT. It could be a Blackberry network problem.
Offline  
Old 09-03-2005, 06:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
breakerfall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Model: 9530
OS: 4.7.0.90
PIN: EAPPLE!
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 214
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

thanks for the suggestions, guys...

everything was working fine this morning :-p ...

2 questions:
- when i go into options | firewall, i am unable to change it to anything... i dont even get the option to 'change option'... is that firewall from verizon or mailstreet?

- if, in fact there was a blackberry server issue, how much could/would that impact the functionality of my berry?

thanks again,
mike
Offline  
Old 09-04-2005, 06:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Maryland
Model: 7250
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 337
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakerfall
thanks for the suggestions, guys...

everything was working fine this morning :-p ...

2 questions:
- when i go into options | firewall, i am unable to change it to anything... i dont even get the option to 'change option'... is that firewall from verizon or mailstreet?

- if, in fact there was a blackberry server issue, how much could/would that impact the functionality of my berry?

thanks again,
mike
The firewall is blackberry. When you are into Options, Firewall, click the trackwheel and you should see Status and either Disabled or Enabled. Click trackwheel on Disabled, then click trackwheel again and click Save.
__________________
Dusty
Offline  
Old 09-04-2005, 04:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
breakerfall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Model: 9530
OS: 4.7.0.90
PIN: EAPPLE!
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 214
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Saddle
The firewall is blackberry. When you are into Options, Firewall, click the trackwheel and you should see Status and either Disabled or Enabled. Click trackwheel on Disabled, then click trackwheel again and click Save.
thanks...
i understand the whole process in changing options, but i am unable to change the firewall options, almost like its been locked by something...

mike
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.