Originally Posted by ghettoberry
Here's a brief overview of my setup.
1. I have one laptop w/ Microsoft Outlook (exchange) that I use as my primary email/contacts/calendar/tasks
2. I have one company-issued 8310 with BES and a data-only plan.
As it is setup right now, synching between 1 and 2 is automatic/seamless w/o needing to run Desktop manager.
3. I have a personal 8300 with BIS and a phone plan. I can access my company email via BIS, but it has all the standard shortcomings of BIS. Most of the time, I will carry only this device around.
I am hoping to accomplish the following:
- Periodically move calendar items added/modified in #1 to my device #3
- Have add/delete/changes to contacts in #1/2 be updated in #3
- Have add/delete/changes to contacts in #3 be updated in #1/2
How can I have Exchange be the "database of record" but periodically sync up with my device #3 while keeping #2 fully functional?
When I tried setting this up in Blackberry Desktop Manager, it copied the redirector settings for #2 onto device #3. This created a "Desktop" profile on device #3 which wouldn't work (because I don't have a BES plan) and I think device #2 stopped working. (I successfully un-did this, but want to try again.)
For the calendar, you can try setting up a google calendar on number #3, and using gcalsync (I think that is the name, but if you go to google mobile apps, look for the application that syncs calendars) sync #1 (which already syncs between #1 and #2) with google calendar, and then #3 will sync with google calendar.
I don't know of a way to do this with contacts, but there might be a way using google, I just don't know about it. You might also want to consider BBSync, which is a service you need to pay for, ut it is not expensive. I am not affiliated, and not 100 percent sure what it can do, but I blieve it can do what you need.