BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/)
-   -   Bold vs. Javelin (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/156607-bold-vs-javelin.html)

williams17 10-26-2008 09:50 PM

Bold vs. Javelin
 
How much better is the Javelin going to be than that Bold?? I know the camera is 3.2 instead of the Bold's 2.0. The processor is gonna be a little faster I believe. Smaller in size. Does the Bold have wifi? The Javeling will.

What other advances/advantages will the Javelin have?

Thanks. I'm looking at getting a bold, but wonder if it would be worth the wait for the Javelin. And with the way the Bold has been pushed back and back, makes me leary about when the Javelin will actually be released.

JSanders 10-26-2008 09:53 PM

The Bold has WiFi.

I think the Javelin will have a few advantages over the Bold, by the time it is out.

Helmdawg 10-26-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by williams17 (Post 1148979)
How much better is the Javelin going to be than that Bold?? I know the camera is 3.2 instead of the Bold's 2.0. The processor is gonna be a little faster I believe. Smaller in size. Does the Bold have wifi? The Javeling will.

What other advances/advantages will the Javelin have?

Thanks. I'm looking at getting a bold, but wonder if it would be worth the wait for the Javelin. And with the way the Bold has been pushed back and back, makes me leary about when the Javelin will actually be released.

A quick search will pull up MANY comparisons between the two phones...

here is one http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...n-v-curve.html

rambo47 10-26-2008 09:57 PM

In the Bold's favor, you get 3G service, and a cool faux-leather battery cover.:smile:

I've had both Curves and 8800-series Blackberrys, and my preference is for the size and keyboard of the larger 8800/Bold devices.

deathbyart 10-27-2008 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1148984)
The Bold has WiFi.

I think the Javelin will have a few advantages over the Bold, by the time it is out.

Javelin has gps and wifi.
I much rather have the javelin just because I want the form factor of the Curve. I honestly don't care about 3g as I have T Mobile hotspot at work and wireless at home...

flash24 10-27-2008 01:19 AM

Javelin will also support UMA too.... right?

walds11 10-27-2008 04:12 AM

Will AT&T get the Javelin?

flash24 10-27-2008 05:08 AM

Eventually, yes.

Helmdawg 10-27-2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flash24 (Post 1149109)
Javelin will also support UMA too.... right?

Yes, from what I understand...

david_uk 10-27-2008 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1148990)
In the Bold's favor, you get 3G service, and a cool faux-leather battery cover.

In Jav's favour, there are no 3G/2G handover issues to drop your calls and drain your battery, so chances are it might look and work like a BB should.

rambo47 10-27-2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david_uk (Post 1149284)
In Jav's favour, there are no 3G/2G handover issues to drop your calls and drain your battery, so chances are it might look and work like a BB should.

I haven't experienced any of that with my Bold. And since upgrading my OS from the original .125 to .162 my battery life has improved, as has my memory handling. No more memory leaks.

williams17 10-27-2008 07:08 PM

What's the best OS upgrade for the curve? I have the original OS in mine. And the advantages of it?????

Jason Mark 10-27-2008 07:39 PM

The Javelin has everything the Bold has, and some things are better. Basically the only thing the Bold has over the Javelin is 3G and overall net speed.

raja_3012 10-27-2008 08:23 PM

As far as Bold and Javelin are concerned, 3G network availability might not of great need for most of the Berry community but Bold has an advantage of Micro USB and 1GB on board memory. 1GB on board memory means more utility in terms of application usage.

raja_3012 10-27-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by williams17 (Post 1150045)
What's the best OS upgrade for the curve? I have the original OS in mine. And the advantages of it?????

I think 4.5.0.81 has been pretty good till now. Less memory leak, HTML email, Video Cam etc....

gfrancis306 10-27-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Mark (Post 1150074)
The Javelin has everything the Bold has, and some things are better. Basically the only thing the Bold has over the Javelin is 3G and overall net speed.

1Gig of onboard memory, faster processor, and of course numerically 9000 > 8900 :p

williams17 10-27-2008 10:08 PM

[quote=raja_3012;1150120]I think 4.5.0.81 has been pretty good till now.




What do you mean "till now"???
Do I have to use my puter to update the OS?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.