01-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Join Date: Jan 2009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Wipe not fulling wiping all data?
Please Login to Remove!
I've been trying to remove sample images + song and have mixed results.
From what I can tell my wipe does not appear to truly be wiping.
1. Check to see that move exists on device, movie exists and is not deleted.
2. Wipe using JL_CMder v1.9.1
3. Ensure that files which are responsible for installing movies + pictures are not in shared directory.
4. Update OS to 0.85, check to see that movie exists, it does - BAD, so do sample images + music.
Test to see that wipe is actually occuring
1. Delete movie from device
2. Wipe using JLCmder v1.9.1
3. Keep same setup as in step 3 above
4. Update the same way - Check to see if move exists, it does not (because i removed it myself in previous step) and sample images + music do exist.
So what this says to me is that for some reason wipe is not removing all data on my bb, if it was then I wouldn't see the movie when I installed the first time. The fact that the movie wasnt installed the second time shows that the files responsible for installing these parts are not lingering anywhere in my shared install directory. I can only guess that the reason why I continue to see them is because they are left over from a previous install.
Why wouldn't they be removed by wipe?
Last edited by davewolfs : 01-08-2009 at 03:07 PM.