A big cheer for HalconNocturno & aiharkness.
I have a few questions because some of my pals are afraid to do this because they think they may loose data or get locked out their network, so I have some questions.
Will this in anyway have repercussions in terms of loss of data or network lockout etc. for the active bb.
I am still a little confused to the process and I want to be as clear as possible before I attempt it, some of that confusion was cleared up with this thread where I did not know if the the friend's BB had to be on the same or different network. I am glad to see it could be any GSM bb network under the sun.
Now my last bit of confusion is in one word "Service Books". This was mentions in post #3 in an unclear way. And was left totally out when the directions were restated for clarity in post #10 and post #26
My understanding so far then is thus...
Lets say my friend is on att and i am on sprint (lets assume that they are both gsm networks)
- Take friend's att sim and put in my sprint BB
- log onto att.blackberry.com. It will prompt me about a new device and I will accept the change, and logout
- Put friend's att sim back in their att BB.
- log onto att.blackberry.com. It will prompt me about a new device and I will accept the change, and then logout. NB: at this point my sprint locked pin has finally been kicked into limbo for me to do with as I choose)
- Now go sign up for blackberry service with any carrier you desire.
BUT... where do Service Books come into the process.
I away this last bit of information for it to be totally clear to me.