10-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LAX, NYC, CHI, STL, BOS, PHL
PIN: Another name for the flagstick, term more commonly used by amateurs
Carrier: TMO, ATT, Nextel, Sprint
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Until you have a BT device paired, the BT Icon will not appear in the menu. The problem lies in the timing of the pairing... you will need to get your BT headset prepped for the pairing.
Pairing is done in three basic parts:
Activation: Preparing your mobile phone to identify the Bluetooth device
Pairing: Initiating the Pairing mode on your Bluetooth device
Selection: Establishing the pairing connection between your mobile phone and Bluetooth device
1. Starting with the phone, scroll to and select "Options."
2. Select "Bluetooth."
3. Look in the top left hand corner of the screen. If it reads, "Bluetooth: Enabled," skip to step 5. If it reads "Bluetooth: Disabled," go to step 4.
4. To enable Bluetooth, click with the trackwheel. On the drop down menu, select "Enable Bluetooth.
Putting the Headset into Pairing Mode:
5. Put down the phone and pick up the headset. Starting with the headset powered off, hold down the Call button for 6 to 10 seconds until the light stays lit. (Initially, the light will flash a few times before staying lit.) If the light is flashing, or if the light starts flashing anytime during steps 6 and 7, the headset is not in pairing mode, and this step (step 5) needs to be repeated beginning with the headset powered off.
Select the H500 Headset:
6. Go back to the phone, and click with the trackwheel.
7. On the drop down menu, select "Add Device." The phone will start searching for Bluetooth enabled devices.
8. On the screen, a list of one or more devices will appear. Once the phone is finished searching, select "Motorola H500."
9. A screen will pop up asking for the passkey. Enter the passkey 0000, and click with the trackwheel. A screen will appear confirming that the pairing is complete. Since pairing is complete, the light on the headset will be flashing.
10. To be able to use the headset after pairing is complete, underneath the screen heading "Paired Devices," select "Motorola H500."
11. On the drop down menu, select "Connect." Now the devices are paired and connected.