03-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Internet use- oops- and question about wiping the content from the BB
Please Login to Remove!
I have used Gmail on my work Blackberry (a 7100, I think- from 2006) and have visited a few non-work websites (nothing illegal or dirty, etc.- just a few career-type websites) that I thought would be totally hidden from my employer. With the following facts, can I beg for reassurance that our IT person will not see the text of the websites I visited? (Seeing the main website name- such as blackberryforums.com is fine, but the full page site such as blackberryforums.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=10 might be concerning).
1. I work in a small office. We have a "Blackberry server" (I'd guess a BES but not sure.)
2. We have an IT person who comes only perhaps 3 hours a week, usually to install new software.
3. I have deleted the Internet cache each time I've finished using my Blackberry internet browser.
4. My BB is connected with my computer, but I don't sync it- and haven't, except once accidentally, a few weeks ago.
5. My work computer has Google Desktop installed.
Also, if I wipe the content from my Blackberry, will that make the Blackberry unusable without it being re-synched to my computer? (Basically, I have minimal computer knowledge- if I wipe the content, will our IT person have to come re-install it so that it works with my computer)?
Last edited by office inhabitant : 03-27-2009 at 06:08 PM.