03-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | URGENT : BES with Exchange to 2008
Please Login to Remove!
I would like to clarify the requirements for some changes the company boss has instructed for next week. As often without thinking about the knock on affects. I have to ebnsure Blackberry devices remain active after cutover.
Current set up
1. BES version 4.1.2 on windows server 2003 R2 SP2
2. Exchange 2003 running on an SBS 2003 system
Next weeks changes
1. BES will remain unchanged (no planned changes)
2. SBS 2003 is replaced by 2 servers running Server 2008 one used specifically for Exchange 2007.
3. IP address of BES server and Exchange server will change due to vnet changes
Reading the compatability list and a few posts I believe this new will be okay as long as the BES is updated to 4.1.5 and as long as of the the hostnames BES and Exchange servers do NOT change.
As I am no expert in windows or BES can someone confirm these assuptions to be correct. Apart from KB14502 is there anything else I should be aware of ? Will blackberry devices keep all their old emails or need to be reset ?
Thanks In advance