Thinking of getting a Blackberry and I have a couple questions
I'm a BB Newb so please bare with me.
I have Verizon and I think I have settled on the 8330.
1. Can I sync music with iTunes on my MacBook?
2. Do I need Blackberry® Solution Unlimited Data Usage to be able to use the BB apps?
3. Does Blackberry® Solution Unlimited Data Usage cover text messaging as well?
4. Will I be charged minutes while using the web app, any app such as Facebook?
Thanks so much,
I believe BlackBerry has a program called BlackBerry Media sync that allows syncing of music from iTunes. Since I don't have a Mac, I can't say much else about the overall synching experience between Blackberry and Apple.
Since you are with Verizon, they require you to purchase the Blackberry data plan if you want to get a Blackberry device. With the data plan, you will be able to use all the BB apps (messenger, maps, etc) and Facebook without further charges.
I don't believe the data plan covers text messages however.
Welcome to the forums.
1) I am not sure as I don't use iTunes or a Mac.
2) Yes, you need a BlackBerry data plan to use the device as intended. Verizon will not sell a BlackBerry without this data plan.
3) No, it is unlimited data, texting is not included.
4) No, those apps use data.
There is a beta version of the Media Sync for Mac. I've found it easier to just copy the files from my iTunes folder to the memory card.
Be aware also, that the BlackBerry will only play unprotected music. Songs with DRMs will not be recognized by the BlackBerry.
Yes, Amazon MP3s are DRM-free, so they should work.
However, I have not personally tried to play any on my phone, so hopefully someone who has can confirm this.
Yep, I can confirm that, and songs purchased from iTunes after January 6, 2009 are DRM free.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.