BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2005, 09:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NYC
Model: 7230
Posts: 39
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Delete the sent from a/my blackberry device signature

Please Login to Remove!

I have done a search and I see nothing about this for use via a BIS. Does anyone know how I turn this off? I don't really want people to know the difference if I can help it.

And before anyone says use the Redirector, I'm not on a BES. This is just a BIS account and I have no Redirector on my Desktop Management software.

Last edited by JA2BKprince : 11-08-2005 at 02:59 PM.
Offline  
Old 11-07-2005, 10:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Model: 8700
Carrier: T-mo
Posts: 162
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You can just login to web account and remove it.
Offline  
Old 11-07-2005, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Model: 7730
Posts: 36
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

something I've done for years is...

erase the auto signature, but then make my own as autotext entries using an unlikely key combo like..

when i enter:
zxc

replace it with:
My professional signature


and

when i enter:
xcv

replace it with:

my casual signature
Offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 12:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NYC
Model: 7230
Posts: 39
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickh
You can just login to web account and remove it.
I logged in, but I still don't see any option for this to be removed.
Offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 08:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Model: 7290
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA2BKprince
I logged in, but I still don't see any option for this to be removed.
I'm a newbie, bought my first BB about 3 weeks ago and I just managed to remove the default BB sig. which was beginning to irritate me.

I'm on T-mobile, and it was fairly straight forward. The only trick I could see is that T-Mobile labels the section "Set Up Blackberry Internet Email", which if you've already done, as I had, seems a little misleading.

Once you select an account to edit, the sig file is in a box at the bottom of the page with your account info. I just wiped them all clean.

Hope that helps.
Offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 02:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NYC
Model: 7230
Posts: 39
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeene
I'm a newbie, bought my first BB about 3 weeks ago and I just managed to remove the default BB sig. which was beginning to irritate me.

I'm on T-mobile, and it was fairly straight forward. The only trick I could see is that T-Mobile labels the section "Set Up Blackberry Internet Email", which if you've already done, as I had, seems a little misleading.

Once you select an account to edit, the sig file is in a box at the bottom of the page with your account info. I just wiped them all clean.

Hope that helps.
Thank you. All this time I went to "Set Up Blackberry Internet Email", but I never clicked on the edit icon next to the actual e-mail accounts for some reason. I guess when you are clicking on every button, you forget that you missed one. Anywho, now the silly signature "Sent from my blackberry device" is gone and I'm a happy camper.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.