BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2005, 09:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
dlautman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Model: 9000
OS: 5.0.0.509
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 93
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default leather holster complaint

Please Login to Remove!

I have been using the OEM holster for 7520 forever, but yesterday I got a leather holster. I like it, except for one thing: when my phone rings, I inadvertently either hang up on the person (with escape key) or auto-answer (with scrollwheel).

I know there are a lot of leather enthusiasts here--do you have this problem?
Offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LAX, NYC, CHI, STL, BOS, PHL
Model: 9780
PIN: Another name for the flagstick, term more commonly used by amateurs
Carrier: TMO, ATT, Nextel, Sprint
Posts: 863
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Funny this issue is posted today... I just had a user complain this morning that he's been losing calls whenever he pulls his BB 7520 from his aftermarket case. The 7520 (Nextel), being a fat BB fits snugly in the a/m case/holster.

Basically, when a phone call comes in, BB gives you the option to "Answer" or "Ignore" the call. Since the "Ignore" option is at the bottom, it gets highlighted when the trackwheel scrolls down to it when the device is pulled out. Once the "Ignore" option is highlighted, the phone stops ringing or is silenced, however, you can still answer the call if you're able to scroll up to the "Answer" option and click on it. . . try it out . . . you might not need to give up your leather case. In case you do, let me know, and I'll gladly take them for you. . . .

Last edited by crisambo : 11-08-2005 at 09:51 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
stonent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Model: 8220
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 1,734
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

No, I grab the part of the phone above it. I have not had this happen a single time.
__________________
Stonent

Prior: BES: 7510, 7520, 7290, 7230, 7130, 8220 (No Data Plan), Droid Eris
Post your question on the forum, don't PM me.
Offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
KonTiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ, USA
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.524
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I use to have that problem but I too have become quite adept at grabbing the phone at the very top and being careful not to drop it.
__________________
BB Tour 9650


Running OS 6.0.0.524
Offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Cheri9724's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 23
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have a 7290 and have the same issue with the leather holster. I reverted back to the plastic holster....just wish it looked nicer.
Offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
dlautman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Model: 9000
OS: 5.0.0.509
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 93
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisambo
Funny this issue is posted today... I just had a user complain this morning that he's been losing calls whenever he pulls his BB 7520 from his aftermarket case. The 7520 (Nextel), being a fat BB fits snugly in the a/m case/holster.

Basically, when a phone call comes in, BB gives you the option to "Answer" or "Ignore" the call. Since the "Ignore" option is at the bottom, it gets highlighted when the trackwheel scrolls down to it when the device is pulled out. Once the "Ignore" option is highlighted, the phone stops ringing or is silenced, however, you can still answer the call if you're able to scroll up to the "Answer" option and click on it. . . try it out . . . you might not need to give up your leather case. In case you do, let me know, and I'll gladly take them for you. . . .
Crisambo, I understand why it's happening, I just wish there was an easier way to pull the bb out. I'm just going to have to adapt like KonTiki and Stone said above.
Offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
mriff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Florida swamps
Model: RAZR
OS: 4.0.4
PIN: High
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 6,727
Post Thanks: 89
Thanked 59 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri9724
I have a 7290 and have the same issue with the leather holster. I reverted back to the plastic holster....just wish it looked nicer.
I didn't like the OEM holster at all. It constantly seemed stuck when a call came in. I got tired of fumbling with it and got the leather holster. I've never had any problems with hanging up calls. Just grab the top on each side and lift it straight out. No problem. I've only dropped it once. It hit the concrete on a sidwalk in the mall in DC from about three feet. Couple of nice scratches on the case, but still worked fine.
__________________
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. CD
Offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LAX, NYC, CHI, STL, BOS, PHL
Model: 9780
PIN: Another name for the flagstick, term more commonly used by amateurs
Carrier: TMO, ATT, Nextel, Sprint
Posts: 863
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlautman
Crisambo, I understand why it's happening, I just wish there was an easier way to pull the bb out. I'm just going to have to adapt like KonTiki and Stone said above.
If you still have the "Answer" option, all you need to do is click on it, and you're connected to your phone call...

as far as grabbing it out of the holster, I've used the 7520 for a short time and pulling by the antenna wasn't too bad at all... just don't know how much stress that can withstand before it breaks. . . am personally using a 7290 unil the 8700c arrives.
Offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 10:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LAX, NYC, CHI, STL, BOS, PHL
Model: 9780
PIN: Another name for the flagstick, term more commonly used by amateurs
Carrier: TMO, ATT, Nextel, Sprint
Posts: 863
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriff
I didn't like the OEM holster at all. It constantly seemed stuck when a call came in. I got tired of fumbling with it and got the leather holster. I've never had any problems with hanging up calls. Just grab the top on each side and lift it straight out. No problem. I've only dropped it once. It hit the concrete on a sidwalk in the mall in DC from about three feet. Couple of nice scratches on the case, but still worked fine.
I use a technique that makes "drawing" my BB from the OEM plastic holster easy and flawless . . . by pressing on the battery cover notch with my middlefinger while pulling the BB up. . . most of my users start out by pulling the BB from both sides, which I know is stiff and awkward. . . but with practice, you think that these guys are out West ready for a gunfight at the OK Corral...
Offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 10:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

been using the leather holster for over a year now and I havent had one issue like this I think its an operator error you are getting.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.