BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2005, 04:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 221
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Notifire Professional

Please Login to Remove!

Notifire Professional is the ultimate notification solution for BlackBerry. Attached are some screen caps of the application.

You can download the trial version here:

http://www.ingentes.com/notifireprot...ional Demo.zip

If you have any questions or comments you can contact [email address] or PM me.
Attached Thumbnails
Notifire Professional-mainscreen.png  Notifire Professional-mainscreen-02.png  Notifire Professional-mainscreen-03.png  Notifire Professional-custom.png  Notifire Professional-notification.gif  


Last edited by eradis : 11-18-2005 at 06:09 AM.
Offline  
Old 11-18-2005, 10:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Soapm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Mile Hi City
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 2,790
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Doesn't look like you could figure out the reminder chirp every 3 to 5 minutes. Too bad, i've been waiting for it.
Offline  
Old 11-22-2005, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Buckeyenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbus Ohio
Model: 9630
Carrier: sprint
Posts: 20
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have installed this on my 7520 but cant get the images or additional Midi files to work. anyone have any luck with it yet?
__________________
Bill
Columbus Ohio
<---Headline from the michigan daily!
Offline  
Old 11-22-2005, 01:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 221
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Check the user guide for additional help. You can also email [email address]
Offline  
Old 12-10-2005, 08:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Model: 7520
Posts: 24
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Can we use any other sounds than what is provided by Notifire? It is not very professional to have soungs playing while I am at work.
Offline  
Old 12-10-2005, 09:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 221
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes you can. All you need to do is email the additional midi files to your BlackBerry and "Add to Notifire".

There is more details in the user guide.
Offline  
Old 12-20-2005, 09:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
dkmadrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pueblo, CO
Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 712
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This application would be even better with a desktop console that could be used to make these additions/updates and then have the configurations pushed to the handheld. I have purchased the application and really love the features, but have to admit that updating the various in holster/out holster for each contact is cumbersome. I have utilized the option of assigning an overall profile for a given domain (i.e. for all incoming email with @blackberry.com) but that only provides relief for large email groups (work email, etc).
__________________
Now you can call me STORMin' Norman, except my name isn't Norman.
Offline  
Old 01-04-2006, 07:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
graystrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT (formerly Cingular)
Posts: 101
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

NEEDED: REMINDER CHIRP

Unlike many (most?) crackberry users, I don't keep mine within 18" of my body 24/7. I set it down. I leave it in my coat pocket. I plug it in the charger and have the gall to walk away from it while it charges.

Other phones I've owned in the past can chirp a brief tone every X minutes to notify me that I have a waiting SMS message or voicemail. It drives me crazy that the Blackberry does not. It would be worth $20 to me just to have that feature. I don't need Notifire's super-customizability to get different songs for different people. I just want to know that I have a message waiting without having to wear the device like an insulin pump. I come home at night, plug my phone in the charger and NEVER PICK IT UP again until morning. If I get a call while I'm in the other end of the house, or outside, I don't check the phone just to see if I missed a call. But if the phone chirped at X min intervals (30 would be fine for me), I'd know before the next workday.

If Notifier can do this little thing, then it's worth $20 to me. If not, then it's not worth a nickle (to me, anyway) for the 99 other things it can do.
Offline  
Old 01-04-2006, 09:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
graystrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT (formerly Cingular)
Posts: 101
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

FWIW...

I cc'd [email address] on my message and the reply said that "reminder chirp" will be added in a future version... TBA
Offline  
Old 01-04-2006, 09:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Model: 8700c
Posts: 10
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graystrickland
NEEDED: REMINDER CHIRP

Unlike many (most?) crackberry users, I don't keep mine within 18" of my body 24/7. I set it down. I leave it in my coat pocket. I plug it in the charger and have the gall to walk away from it while it charges.

Other phones I've owned in the past can chirp a brief tone every X minutes to notify me that I have a waiting SMS message or voicemail. It drives me crazy that the Blackberry does not. It would be worth $20 to me just to have that feature. I don't need Notifire's super-customizability to get different songs for different people. I just want to know that I have a message waiting without having to wear the device like an insulin pump. I come home at night, plug my phone in the charger and NEVER PICK IT UP again until morning. If I get a call while I'm in the other end of the house, or outside, I don't check the phone just to see if I missed a call. But if the phone chirped at X min intervals (30 would be fine for me), I'd know before the next workday.

If Notifier can do this little thing, then it's worth $20 to me. If not, then it's not worth a nickle (to me, anyway) for the 99 other things it can do.

I also agree with this. I can not understand why this was removed from the blackberry software. It was on option when I had a 7290 running 3.x software.
Offline  
Old 01-04-2006, 11:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Soapm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Mile Hi City
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 2,790
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

You said it buddy, don't forget to send this message to [email address]

I send them a monthly message with this request. I can't believe this was left out.
Offline  
Old 01-05-2006, 06:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
whsbuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SE PA.
Model: 9800
OS: 4.6.0.304
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2,791
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
You said it buddy, don't forget to send this message to [email address]

I send them a monthly message with this request. I can't believe this was left out.
Totaly agree. Although I do keep my BB with me most of the time, I do like a reminder tone as part of any profile. Maybe RIM will get the hnt to add it back. Lets all keep emailing them.
Offline  
Old 01-05-2006, 12:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boston area
Model: z10
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 416
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I just bought and installed the product. When I set up a contact and add a MIDI sequence, I receive message "uncaught exception - Player is unrealized" when I do an out of holster preview. When I go to the manage MIDI screen, there are no MIDI files there. Any thoughts?? I have also emailed the developer.
__________________
z10 on AT&T (plus an HTC One X)
Offline  
Old 01-05-2006, 08:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Model: 8700c
Posts: 10
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonnerd
I just bought and installed the product. When I set up a contact and add a MIDI sequence, I receive message "uncaught exception - Player is unrealized" when I do an out of holster preview. When I go to the manage MIDI screen, there are no MIDI files there. Any thoughts?? I have also emailed the developer.

They do not have support for the 8700 yet...
Offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 06:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boston area
Model: z10
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 416
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webtoker
They do not have support for the 8700 yet...
Yep....found that out after emailing the developer. He offered me a refund, but I'll wait for the 8700 version. Looks like a very nice application. I'm currently using Webmessenger Message Alerts program, but this seems to be more fully featured.
__________________
z10 on AT&T (plus an HTC One X)
Offline  
Old 06-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Model: 8700
Carrier: none
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Any word on if or when this will support 8700? Some websites that have the program for sale, like neon toad, list it as working on the 8700 series, while others, like handango, do not.
Offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 01:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
tankee531's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Singapore
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.x
PIN: xxxx
Carrier: Singtel
Posts: 375
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
You said it buddy, don't forget to send this message to [email address]

I send them a monthly message with this request. I can't believe this was left out.

agreed

couldn't understand why RIM left out such a basic feature
Offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 08:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Pentarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Posts: 135
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You should try MessageAlert from Webmessenger....

You can set the Alert to do exactly that... I have mine setup to ring every 5 minutes until I disable it!!!! Never missed an important message anymore.
__________________
Pentarus
Offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 12:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boston area
Model: z10
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 416
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentarus
You should try MessageAlert from Webmessenger....

You can set the Alert to do exactly that... I have mine setup to ring every 5 minutes until I disable it!!!! Never missed an important message anymore.
I'm licensed for both products. The only thing that MessegeAlert doesn't have (and Notifire does) is alert profiles for in/out of holster.

Given the infrequency of updates, I'm not sure that the Notifire developer is committed to enhancing their product.
__________________
z10 on AT&T (plus an HTC One X)
Offline  
Old 08-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
hailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 114
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonnerd
I'm licensed for both products. The only thing that MessegeAlert doesn't have (and Notifire does) is alert profiles for in/out of holster.

Given the infrequency of updates, I'm not sure that the Notifire developer is committed to enhancing their product.
Well I purchased Notifire and have had some issues with the program. I've emailed them a few times at the address given in their user guide and as of yet I don't have a reply. Going on two weeks now. If this is how they treat customers they must not care about the product either....
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.