I have my music organized by folders in my BB, and i could not find a easy way to play them by directory (i hate the by artist/genre style of organization). I have written a small program for a workaround. Not sure if there are others who might find this useful - sharing just in case.
I have written a small program that
- creates playlists for each folder - Goes to each folder / sub-folder, finds all mp3 files, and creates a m3u (playlist) file.
- These files appears in the Playlist section in the default blackberry music player. When you select the playlist all the songs in the folder play.
- The name of the playlist is the same name as the folder, so you can rename folder accordingly.
To run, you need to be run on the computer and you need to have java installed.
- There is a file called PlaylistCreator.properties. Open it and set the RootFolder parameter to the root of your music folder.
- You could have this point directly to your BB SD card as well if it's already connected.
- Open a command shell / terminal, navigate to the folder, and run with the command "java -jar PlaylistCreator.jar", without the quotes.
The program is attached. I know the instructions are basic, so let me know if you need any help in running this.