About to setup a new user ("bob") on BES with their abc.com domain. The company recently bought another company (xyz.com), to which I have full control over their MX records, so I can pretty much setup what I want mail-wise. The Blackberry's going to be setup on abc.com primarily through BES, but:
1. user needs to be able to send/receive as
and doesn't want to mix mailboxes; imperative that xyz.com mail doesn't go out as abc.com (and vice-versa).
2. want it to be as simple as possible for the user. Its ok if they have to "pull" the mail, just don't want it to be a confusing click-fest to get xyz.com mail.
3. user only cares about xyz.com mail, doesn't need calendar, tasks, etc. Options:
1. send mail to Exchange, install LogicMail IMAP client on Bob's Blackberry: seems to be ok, but need an outgoing SMTP server (can't use company's mail server; it's locked down by IP and have no idea what IP the Blackberry will go out as for Internet traffic); would the telco provide outgoing SMTP service? They use the same telco for their high-speed Business Internet at the office; surely they'd be able to provide an account.
2. Use Google Apps. Tested with mine own Google Apps domain using the gmail plugin for Blackberry; seems ok to me. Interface seems ok too. Not sure how client feels about the Big G holding all their mail though.
Anything else I'm not thinking of? Comments? Kind of leaning towards Google Apps myself.