BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2005, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default voice dialing?

Please Login to Remove!

Sorry if this has been covered before, but as a newbie this site is a little overwhelming. Excellent info but sooooooooooooooo much!

I'm in the process of purchasing a 7250 (Bell - Canada) and can't seem to get anyone at Bell or their affiliate stores to answer the question.......

Is there software somewhere that allows the 7250 to voice dial, etc? Seems kind of silly to me to have a bluetooth headset and still need to pull the blackberry out of the holster to dial.

Thanks for your help!

Sj
Offline  
Old 11-24-2005, 02:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
dougp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 35
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default voice app

You can try http://www.mobilevoicecontrol.com

I've been using it for two weeks and it saves major hassle when driving. Even does short emails and appointments.
Offline  
Old 11-25-2005, 05:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Londonderry NH
Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 85
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougp
You can try http://www.mobilevoicecontrol.com

I've been using it for two weeks and it saves major hassle when driving. Even does short emails and appointments.
Oh man I give ya the up....I have needed something like this for a long time.

I just downloaded this, and Im going to give it a try, hey for 5.99 its cheap enough anyway.

Gary
Offline  
Old 11-25-2005, 08:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
KonTiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ, USA
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.524
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagin
Sorry if this has been covered before, but as a newbie this site is a little overwhelming. Excellent info but sooooooooooooooo much!

I'm in the process of purchasing a 7250 (Bell - Canada) and can't seem to get anyone at Bell or their affiliate stores to answer the question.......

Is there software somewhere that allows the 7250 to voice dial, etc? Seems kind of silly to me to have a bluetooth headset and still need to pull the blackberry out of the holster to dial.

Thanks for your help!

Sj
The info dougp gave you up above will not work for your 7520. So far this is available for Nextel phones the 7250 and the 7100. From what I gather you have the 7250 from Verizon like I do and it will not work with our phones at the moment, thats not to say that they may cahnge that in the future.
__________________
BB Tour 9650


Running OS 6.0.0.524
Offline  
Old 11-25-2005, 10:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 302
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I'm thinking KonTiki meant to say it won't work on your 7250, it only works on Nextel's 7520 and 7100i. The other thing to remember is that the 5.99 fee is per month. It adds up to not be all that cheap unless you really use it a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
The info dougp gave you up above will not work for your 7520. So far this is available for Nextel phones the 7250 and the 7100. From what I gather you have the 7250 from Verizon like I do and it will not work with our phones at the moment, thats not to say that they may cahnge that in the future.
Offline  
Old 11-27-2005, 07:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Londonderry NH
Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 85
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeters11
I'm thinking KonTiki meant to say it won't work on your 7250, it only works on Nextel's 7520 and 7100i. The other thing to remember is that the 5.99 fee is per month. It adds up to not be all that cheap unless you really use it a lot.

The other nite after my post I re read it and saw that it was 5.99 per month, f-that I'm not paying that no way no how.

The compaines need to get a life if they think people will pay monthly.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.