I've been trying to fix up a friends Bold (had a 507 error and then 2 flashing red lights with the screen not turning on).. a 507 error just means the OS is missing right?
Anyways, I've tried to use the loader.exe file to reinstall the software, however every time I try to install the OS on the phone, I got a popup saying (something along the lines of.. I can't remember it fully!) 'The software is not for the connected device'. The OS I was trying to load was 'BlackBerry Handheld Software v22.214.171.1242 (Multilanguage)' from Rogers. Is there an earlier OS system I have to load on the phone?
So the run down:
- Its an (old) Rogers phone
- The model was made January 2008 (and Made in Canada!! Mine is made in Mexico..
- Has 2 flashing red LED light sequence, no screen
- When screen was working, it said Error 507
- Blackberry is recognized when connected to a PC (recognized better on a desktop than a laptop)
- loader.exe lists the connection as USB-PIN: UNKNOWN
- Tried to load OS, got a popup saying the software isn't for the connected device
- Tried jl_cmdr to wipe the device, got a COM not open error
- Tried jl_cmdr to reset to factory settings, got COM not open