BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/)
-   -   Unlocking an NTT DoCoMo Bold for US use? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/203984-unlocking-ntt-docomo-bold-us-use.html)

kurichan 09-11-2009 06:32 PM

Unlocking an NTT DoCoMo Bold for US use?
 
Has anyone out there unlocked a DoCoMo issued Bold, then succeeded at using it on AT&T or another GSM carrier in the US?

By success, I mean full service including data, etc.

How do you get AT&T to recognize an NTT DoCoMo issued PIN for BIS/data services?

Which unlocking service did you use? A web search hits a few that claim to be able to do it - but would love to hear from someone who's fully succeeded.

Thanks!

Dubdub 09-11-2009 06:51 PM

I somewhat doubt that it would work here in the US as Japan uses different frequencies than we do here in the US.

Might try horizonwirelessonline to get an unlock code. They are one of our forum sponsors and come highly recommended.

It shouldn't matter that it is an NTT PIN. All you need are to have the device properly provisioned for service by ATT, service books sent and received and then log into BIS and enter the IMEI and PIN.

As long as you have a BB data plan, it should work, provided the unlock works and the freqs are the same.

kurichan 09-11-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1469837)
I somewhat doubt that it would work here in the US as Japan uses different frequencies than we do here in the US.

Almost certain DoCoMo has the US frequencies on board specifically so they can provide roaming services to Japanese businessmen visiting the US, which is big business. In fact, the phone connects over here - just wildly expensive.

Quote:

Might try horizonwirelessonline to get an unlock code. They are one of our forum sponsors and come highly recommended.
Recommendation = trust = high likelihood of satisfaction, which is exactly what I was seeking, so thank you.

Quote:

It shouldn't matter that it is an NTT PIN. All you need are to have the device properly provisioned for service by ATT, service books sent and received and then log into BIS and enter the IMEI and PIN.

As long as you have a BB data plan, it should work, provided the unlock works and the freqs are the same.
That makes sense! So when getting the data plan from AT&T, they would register the IMEI or one of the other unique ID's in their system?

Dubdub 09-11-2009 08:03 PM

The phone IMEI and PIN, Can't change either - legally


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.