I was trying to back up my 8900 and I keep getting the "error backing up device" type error. I've searched and found that clearing the Browser Cache and Profiles database may fix this. I tried these to no avail. The backup keeps failing at Profiles. The DM version I have is 18.104.22.168. The OS on my phone is 22.214.171.124. I have no idea what else to do.
P.S. - I will look at my Profile to see if there's any information out of date and update it immediately.
Alrighty, so after further digging and a call to T-mobile I did the following things to clear up my problem.
1) While in DM with my device plugged in, I backed up whatever databases I was allowed, except for the databases giving me the error.
2) I went into Application Loader , click the Start button under the Add/Edit Applications section.
3) Once at the Device Application Selection screen, I clicked Settings in the lower right hand corner and made sure that the "back up device data automatically during the installation process" box was UNCHECKED and the "erase all currently installed applications" box was CHECKED.
4) Then I proceeded with reloading the OS.
5) Once finished, I restored the databases I backed up in step #1.
Once I did all of this, I was then able to perform a standard backup of my device and proceeded to setup my device to my liking. At the point of this post, I have yet to setup my profiles.
The only thing I still don't know is what corrupted my Profiles database, especially to the point where it wouldn't let me backup after I cleared it. Idk.