I have four different POP3 accounts set up in Outlook and on my phone. Most messages arrive successfully at both locations but email from some senders only show up in Outlook. I have a Antair spam filter trial on my phone but it is currently disabled. I have no spam filter on my server control panel.
Why am I not getting all these email on my BB? Why does it show up in OUtlook but not on my BB? where are they being stopped?
I went into each mail setting and told it to leave a copy on the server for 10 days.
Do you think this will do the trick? I'll ask my friend to send me another email and see if it appears in both places.
That *should* do it, as long as the settings you changed was set to delete POP3 messages.
If the mail that did not arrive was all from one account, you might log into your BIS page and check the settings for each account there. It's possible you have a filter set at the carrier level. You could also have inadvertently set one account not to forward to the handheld. Worth a look anyway.
Ok, things were working fine until yesterday at 4:03pm. That is when all emails stopped going to my blackberry. They continue to come into Outlook. Is it possible that my server is full (since I told Outlook to hold all messages on the server for 10 days).
There has been a major BIS outage with RIM effecting all carriers. It is possible you server is full with 10 days of unchecked mail, but do a battery pull and see if your mail is back up and running on your BB.
I pulled the battery last night. I also chatted with my server folks, they said that if my server got full, that my Outlook also would not be receiving messages (that makes sense to me). Regardless, I went on my mail server and deleted about half of the messages.
I am able to send email from the BB, just not receive it.
I'm able to send and receive txt messages.
I'll try pulling the battery again (a pain because I have Otterbox Defender).
Same here....I havent had email since yesterday @ 1:30 PM EST. I can send and do everything else. Was going to make a trip to Verizon to see if I need to do anything else b/c my friends phone works fine and she never lost email. Tried battery pull a million times.
Sorry for your problems, but I'm actually glad to hear someone else is having the same issue (that means it isn't my hardware). I talked with Verizon, they said that the accounts must now be validated at the BIS site. I did this my entering my password for each account. Now things are working fine.