In my case it's not showing in Add/Remove programs in Windows. Below is the right procedure.
1) Ideally, just don't install BB Automatic Update when you first install BB Desktop Manager. This option is turned on by default, so you need to uncheck it: http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/853...2009130514.png
At the time of original installation I actually expected an option to turn auto update off to be available somewhere in DM's GUI, but it's not the case.
2) If you already have Auto Update installed, you can run DM installer again, select "Modify" and then remove Auto Update component: http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/497...2009130436.png
3) Because I never trust the installers modifying existing installation, I opted for a sure bet solution:
- uninstall DM (I use Revo Uninstaller because it's better than native uninstallers or Windows Add/Remove Programs, it clears some registry entries left over by native uninstaller)
- re-install DM without BB Automatic Update