Thank you for your response! I definitely don't mind waiting for answers, but I was concerned I'd put this in the wrong place. I did bring the phone into the bathroom and it's very damp and cold where I am. Could this have done it? It seems when I pull the battery/charge, it helps, but then it'll come back again. I've thought about taking it to get repaired, but I'm not sure if this is a repair that would be astronomical or not because I unfortunately don't have insurance.
Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama
You need to be patient for your answers.
It sounds like moisture damage on/in the keyboard.
Has the device been exposed to ANY moisture? Even a little bit?
Sweaty pocket? Steamy bathroom? Wet hands? Wet hair? Dew? High humidity environment?
Try a battery pull with the device turned on and see if it clears it. If not, it's likely damaged hardware and hopefully you have insurance. :(