Well I lost a few core apps in a recent upgrade of my 8320, and I spent the last week searching forums for answers and I didn't find one's regarding my problem. I used DM to check and memopad, tasks, brickbreaker docs to go, and a few other core apps are no longer there. These apps aren't hidden, they are simply gone from my berry.
I tried everything and I finally found how to restore these apps without downgrading, wiping, etc your blackberry
. You do however have to reinstall the proper OS from your carriers website to your PC. And you will use Apploader.exe to find it (because these apps wont show up in DM)
After downloading your carriers OS, connect your berry to the PC and follow these steps:
1. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe
2. Check the "Keep applications the same" box
3. Now you will see your list of apps, minus the core ones lost in the upgrade.
4. Click "add" and you will browse your pc for the .alx files you need
5. This time browse to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\SHARED\LOADER FILES\
6. Here you should see a list of your installed OS's.
7. Click the official one you just downloaded from your carrier and a full list of all the .alx files should show up.
8. Double click your memopad, tasks, whatever you want back on and it will appear in the apploader program ready to install!
9. Finish the install process in the App loader and enjoy. (I didn't do a backup since i was just installing 2 apps and it worked fine, but feel free to backup if you like).
That should do it.
Let me know if this works for you as I assume the folder locations should be the same for most people.