Korean Read and Write on any BB but Pearl
This is a follow up post to one I put on a year ago. You can use this to put Korean Language on your Blackberry. Korean Font Input is still not available for the Pearls.
Korean Font (read and write) is available on all 4.5, 4.6, 4.7 and 5.0 Blackberry software.
1. Go to BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites and download your phone most current software. This site has all carrier (world wide) and the specific latest software version for your phone.
a. If you end up not downloading one that is from your carrier you will need to delete the vendor.xml file from (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\). You will find the file in one of the sub folders in this location.
2. Install the file that you have downloaded.
3. Run Blackberry Desktop Manager
4. Plug in your Blackberry to the USB cable
a. If a prompt comes up to Update your software click on Update. Once update is done move on to Step 5
b. If no prompt comes up move on to Step 5
5. Click on Application Loader
6. Click on Add/Remove Software
7. Click on Korean Font and Korean Character Input.
a. If you do not see Korean Font or Korea Character Input uninstall your phone software in Add/Remove Programs and go back to Step 1 and find your phone software from another carrier. I would suggest one in Asia.
8. Click on Next
9. Click on Next
10. Click on Finished
You are done. Email me at with questions.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.