BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/)
-   -   BlackBerry quiz! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/215224-blackberry-quiz.html)

berrystudent 12-30-2009 04:49 PM

BlackBerry quiz!
 
Hi fellow Blackberry addicts!

I am writing my dissertation paper at university on BlackBerry usage and addiction so would be really really grateful if you could all help me out by completing my research questionnaire at:

The Profiling of BlackBerry Consumers Survey

there are only 23 questions, it'd help me write my paper, you might find it interesting and i'd be happy to share my results!
Thank you very much,
Jenna x

turn_key 12-30-2009 05:38 PM

Interesting. Good luck.

berrystudent 12-30-2009 05:59 PM

Thanks, hoping for around 500 replies so thought this forum would be a good place to start, if anyone has any other suggestions on how to reach a large number of BlackBerry users let me know!

JSanders 12-30-2009 06:12 PM

Takes about 5-7 minutes to complete.

Completed, interesting questions, I would like to see your results posted.

Good luck.

johnling 12-30-2009 06:28 PM

Interesting . . .Please let us see you results!

splnkr 12-30-2009 08:14 PM

Done!

Pete777 12-30-2009 08:22 PM

Took the survey. Very interesting. Let us know the results.

hrbuckley 12-30-2009 08:29 PM

So, are you not interested in results from people who carry a corporate Blackberry? I've never carried one that I own.

Big Kal 12-30-2009 08:35 PM

Done.

akosnitzky 12-30-2009 09:31 PM

Nice survey. Friendly suggestions for the future.

Bear in mind that your sample is interested BB users so we may not be in the norm if it matters.

On your Likert scale question #3,(5=strongly agree, 4=agree, 3=neither agree nor disagree, 2=disagree, 1=strongly disagree), but your numbers go in the opposite direction.

Well done!!!

badcat 12-31-2009 07:17 AM

Nicely done. I just finished it.

kathrynhr 12-31-2009 09:00 AM

That was a well thought out quiz. Good luck, and please do post your results and conclusions.

darkertheberry 12-31-2009 10:09 AM

Very interesting and straight forward questions.

SuperECS 12-31-2009 10:46 AM

To the OP,

I am 17 years of age and I just took your quiz. When I got to the Demographics section, it said the since I was 17 or under, I needed to not proceed with your survey, but I could fill out the remaining questions on the page, so I did, and then when I clicked next, it said I was done. I had filled out most of the survey and didn't want the to go to waste. I wasn't sure if that's what you wanted or not. Sorry if this skews your results.

SuperECS

If this is NOT what you wanted, and the anyone under the age of 18 shouldn't take the survey, I think that you should state that BEFORE the quiz is taken.

Again, sorry if my confusion has skewed your results.

rambo47 12-31-2009 11:44 AM

Excellent survey! First one I've seen that shows real thought. Made me think.

akosnitzky 12-31-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1538392)
Excellent survey! First one I've seen that shows real thought. Made me think.

I agree. Actually, the best one that I ever have participated with on this site. many are duds.

berrystudent 12-31-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperECS (Post 1538364)
To the OP,

I am 17 years of age and I just took your quiz. When I got to the Demographics section, it said the since I was 17 or under, I needed to not proceed with your survey, but I could fill out the remaining questions on the page, so I did, and then when I clicked next, it said I was done. I had filled out most of the survey and didn't want the to go to waste. I wasn't sure if that's what you wanted or not. Sorry if this skews your results.

SuperECS

If this is NOT what you wanted, and the anyone under the age of 18 shouldn't take the survey, I think that you should state that BEFORE the quiz is taken.

Again, sorry if my confusion has skewed your results.

sorry the demographics section got moved to the end of the survey at the last minute to make it less boring!
I just had to include that sentence to comply with university ethics. Apparently you are classed as a vulnerable respondent group because of your age and since anyone who has access to the internet can take the survey I have to discourage people under 18 not to complete it.

But thank you very much for completing my survey!
Jenna

berrystudent 12-31-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrbuckley (Post 1538039)
So, are you not interested in results from people who carry a corporate Blackberry? I've never carried one that I own.

Yes I am interested in everyone who has a BlackBerry's opinions, business and personal users, it's fine if you don't own it yourself. Thanks!

akosnitzky 12-31-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berrystudent (Post 1538437)
sorry the demographics section got moved to the end of the survey at the last minute to make it less boring!
I just had to include that sentence to comply with university ethics. Apparently you are classed as a vulnerable respondent group because of your age and since anyone who has access to the internet can take the survey I have to discourage people under 18 not to complete it.

But thank you very much for completing my survey!
Jenna

To discourage under 18 participants because of the legalities with parental consent and institutional review? If so, I understand the dilemma

froussy 12-31-2009 01:03 PM

done!

As other mentionned.. its a great survey! let us know the result!

Thanks

P.S.... maybe in the demographic, you should have add "region" (Like US, Canada, Europe..)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.