Unable to click phone number in email to place call
Got one here that I've never run across, and I don't like it.
I have a user with a Sprint BlackBerry Tour who is unable to click on phone numbers in emails to call the number. You know how the numbers are supposed to be underlined so you can click on them? Well, on his device they are not. In ANY email.
I sent him a test message and no underlining of the phone numbers in my signature. I replied to that message, opened it on my BB Tour, and could click on the numbers just fine.
He had OS 184.108.40.206, and I even upgraded to Sprint's latest of .57....no phone number click love.
I am able to click on phone numbers in the Browser, though.
I have turned off HTML email, and even set specific messages to 'Get plain text'. No luck.
I'm on the phone with RIM right now and they are just as confuzzled as I am.
If anyone has any thoughts on how to fix, feel free to post. I will update when/if RIM finds a solution.
I am interested in this as well. No clue what would be causing this.
I'm doing some debug logging for them right now, using KB05349
Fascinating; I've never experienced that. Keep us posted.
One thing I haven't done yet is a full wipe of the device (to get the JVM 507) and then fully reload the software. I've a feeling that's next.
They are still scratching their heads....
Note that I am also not able to click on phone numbers sent in a PIN message or in a BIS email to the device.
And I was right...next step is to hit it with a rock. I'll do that in the morning.....time to bug out.
The saga continues.... This morning I completely removed all the software (down to JVM 507).
Before doing an enterprise activation, I sent a PIN message to the device and POOF - the phone number was underlined and I could click on it!
So then I started the EA and sent him a test email. The test email was received on the device, but the phone numbers were not clickable - AGAIN! I then sent another PIN message to it and the phone number in that one was also not clickable. WTF?
So now I'm wiping it again as I believe it's something to do with his account on the BES (the account has not yet been removed/re-added on the BES thru any of this).
We had set up a BIS account for this device to test the phone numbers for that account (which also failed) so before I re-EA it again, I want to test sending email to the BIS account and see what the phone numbers look like. I am assuming that will work, but am just curious to try it.
After that I am going to remove/re-add him on the BES and try again. I hate doing that since it removes all of the wireless backup stuff, but he doesn't use Password Keeper, and that's the only thing he'd really lose (data-wise) by losing his wireless backup.
Turns out it was something with his account on the BES. After removing/re-adding the account, then doing the EA, the phone numbers are once again clickable.
Weird. Wish I had done this yesterday....
Great info - thanks for the followup posts! There are a whole bunch of posts on this forum that any aspiring BB admin should bookmark for later reference. Some of these odd problems are bound to crop up again elsewhere, and there's no sense in re-inventing the wheel when others have already done it for you. Think of how much time you'll save if you find the answer to a problem like this and can use the groundwork set down by others and get to the answer so quickly. Plus, you'll look like a genius! "Oh, yeah. I've heard of that. You just have to delete and re-add the BES account. Backup your device first..." :-)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.