01-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Join Date: Dec 2009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | New BlackBerry owner - some assorted newbie questions
Please Login to Remove!
I've just taken delivery of my first ever BlackBerry - a Storm 2 from Vodafone in the UK (incidentally, it seems they've discontinued it already, possibly so it doesn't compete with their new iphone.
I've looked for answers to these questions elsewhere but they're a bit basic, I think, and I can't really find what I need. If anyone can advise on the following I'd be really grateful:
1) can I create a 'Today' screen which shows my most used apps and any appointments of tasks for that day/week? (why isn't calendar/tasks on the home screen?)
2) can I change the way my contacts are displayed in the list eg. name and number rather than just name.
3) can I add a photo to a contact (I already have them in Outlook) and have them display when they call etc.
4) my contacts are not synching with my laptop (Outlook 2007 and Vista). I'm using USB to sync, I've think I've selected all the right settings during configuration and it does apear to spend some time syncing without an error. Memos, appointments and tasks all seem to sync OK.
5) can I mark appointments, tasks, memos etc with a colour like I can in Outlook?
I think that'll do for now - don't want to exhaust you!
by the way - love it already!