BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2005, 08:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Model: 7730
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Duplicate E-Mail

Please Login to Remove!

Why do I get 2, 3, 4 somtimes 10 e-mails on my BB of the same e-mail?
I only see one e-mail on my Lotus Notes client. Any ideas?
Offline  
Old 12-14-2005, 11:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
dkmadrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pueblo, CO
Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 712
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Are you on a corporate BES or are you pushing from a BWC?
__________________
Now you can call me STORMin' Norman, except my name isn't Norman.
Offline  
Old 03-17-2006, 03:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
cgarrabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Model: 8820
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 79
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have a similar problem. But with my issue, it's every time I reply to an e-mail using Outlook, I'll get the original e-mail set to my blackberry again. Not my reply. So it's like I get a duplicate e-mails on my BlackBerry, but only the ones I reply to. Also, I manage about 30+ BlackBerry's at my firm. So far I know of three (counting mine) that is having this issue. Two of them are 7290 devices and one is a 7230 device. All three are using the Web Client. I've talked to high level T-Mobile specialists and even RIM specialists and they have not been able to help me.
At this point Ixxx8217;m guessing it could be an issue on my Exchange server, but what, and why is it not happening on all the devices in my firm?
Offline  
Old 03-17-2006, 03:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.246
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 852
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I noticed this the past 2 days. Emails coming from gmail are forwarded twice to my bis email address. I also get text messages of red sox scores sent to my phone, i got 4 of those last night. very strange
__________________
-Chris
Domino 7.0.3/BES 4.1.6 on w2k3 sp2
Offline  
Old 03-22-2006, 02:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
julizzette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Caguas, Puerto Rico
Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Duplicate Gmail messages too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murpheous
I noticed this the past 2 days. Emails coming from gmail are forwarded twice to my bis email address. I also get text messages of red sox scores sent to my phone, i got 4 of those last night. very strange

I have exactly the same problem with my BIS and gmail account. I sent myself a service book, deleted and reconfigured the gmail account on both bis website and at gmail, but I stillhave the problem. Anyone out there that can help us out?

I am on a BB 8700c from Cingular Wireless.
__________________
BB 7290 =>BB 7100g=>Palm Treo 650=>BB 8700c=>Treo 750 WM5-WM6=>AT&T Tilt with BBC
Offline  
Old 03-22-2006, 03:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have some info on gmail set up on my site. Check it out. What method are you using filters or forwarding?

Also see this:

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...?nodeid=934488


and this

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...98527&vernum=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by julizzette
I have exactly the same problem with my BIS and gmail account. I sent myself a service book, deleted and reconfigured the gmail account on both bis website and at gmail, but I stillhave the problem. Anyone out there that can help us out?

I am on a BB 8700c from Cingular Wireless.
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog

Last edited by Stinsonddog : 03-22-2006 at 04:01 PM.
Offline  
Old 03-24-2006, 10:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
julizzette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Caguas, Puerto Rico
Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks!

Thanks for your help. I went to the blackberry.com links and found out that I had both my BIS and google mail polling my gmail account. I deleted my gmail account form my BIS and kept gmail´s forwarding to my bb account. Problem solved!
__________________
BB 7290 =>BB 7100g=>Palm Treo 650=>BB 8700c=>Treo 750 WM5-WM6=>AT&T Tilt with BBC
Offline  
Old 03-31-2006, 03:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
cgarrabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Model: 8820
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 79
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarrabr
I have a similar problem. But with my issue, it's every time I reply to an e-mail using Outlook, I'll get the original e-mail set to my blackberry again. Not my reply. So it's like I get a duplicate e-mails on my BlackBerry, but only the ones I reply to. Also, I manage about 30+ BlackBerry's at my firm. So far I know of three (counting mine) that is having this issue. Two of them are 7290 devices and one is a 7230 device. All three are using the Web Client. I've talked to high level T-Mobile specialists and even RIM specialists and they have not been able to help me.
At this point Ixxx8217;m guessing it could be an issue on my Exchange server, but what, and why is it not happening on all the devices in my firm?
I'm still having the problem. I just have my MS 2003 Exchange account. It's sending to my BlackBerry 7290 via POP. No desktop redirector, no forwarding. This e-mail address is not being forwarded to any other e-mail addresses either.

Last edited by cgarrabr : 03-31-2006 at 03:10 PM.
Offline  
Old 03-31-2006, 03:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
cgarrabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Model: 8820
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 79
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by cgarrabr : 03-31-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Offline  
Old 05-24-2006, 04:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Model: 7250
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Did you find a solution?
Offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 02:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
cgarrabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Model: 8820
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 79
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygatsby27
Did you find a solution?
No.
Offline  
Old 09-25-2006, 11:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
cgarrabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Model: 8820
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 79
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Duplicate E-mails

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarrabr
I have a similar problem. But with my issue, it's every time I reply to an e-mail using Outlook, I'll get the original e-mail set to my blackberry again. Not my reply. So it's like I get a duplicate e-mails on my BlackBerry, but only the ones I reply to. Also, I manage about 30+ BlackBerry's at my firm. So far I know of three (counting mine) that is having this issue. Two of them are 7290 devices and one is a 7230 device. All three are using the Web Client. I've talked to high level T-Mobile specialists and even RIM specialists and they have not been able to help me.
At this point I’m guessing it could be an issue on my Exchange server, but what, and why is it not happening on all the devices in my firm?
Has anyone found a solution for this? I'm getting more and more users complaining about it.
This might be a stretch, but could it have something to do with "Send on Behalf of" option in Exchange?
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright © 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM © and BlackBerry © are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.