04-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Thumbs Must Hurt
Join Date: Oct 2008
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
The way BB Handles Birthdays is just a disappointment to me. In ver 4.2x that came with my phone there was NOT even a way of saving them.
When added (ver 4.5x for my phone 8300) they appear somehow disjointed with other blackberry applications: Calendar, Address book, Alarm and Date&Time.
- Sometimes the date and time passes and blackberry forgets to fire the birthday event reminder.
- The birthday reminder should fire at the Calendar defined "Start of Day" but instead it fires @ midnight when I'm supposed to be asleep. It should ideally fire at a time of my liking but there is no way to do just that.
- It would be nice to link a birthday appointment to a phone call/message sending to Contact and a reminder only prompting you to confirm but these things are just disjointed.
- Duplication of birthdays with facebook is an un welcome nuisance.
- Birthdays and repeat events are actually duplicate entries in the calendar as seen in DM synchronisation text exports. That's very in efficient way of doing it.
Can RIM sort all this mess?