Originally Posted by wcl884
2. The BB you use has to be set to manual network selection (most of the Cingular or T-MO locked phone does not allow network selection) - even with unlocking, Cingular only unlocks a portion of the network selection capabilities.
Please check facts before posting.
1. Network selection is blocked by the SIM, not the device.
2. NO T-Mobile SIM cards block net selection.
3. Cingular 64k SIM cards do block net selection, except when roaming internationally.
4. Thus, having an unlocked device does not matter because of 1.