BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 07:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Lebara
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Cannot connect to device

Please Login to Remove!

After Updating My Curve 8900 with DM, the phone didn't work anymore.
DM gives me an error wich is "Cannot connect to device" after that when i started the phone.

It Says 507, i know what it means. But i tried to install several time with DM And Apploader(common files).. I also Wiped it many times. With CrackMen. And JDE And BBSAK.

Afcourse i did delete the vendor file. And also tried the Battery Pul out option Many Times.

But still when it is busy with installing or loading the OS or Applications. after a while loading something it says: Cannot connect to device.

There is not a third party application on my computer wich is blocking the USB Port. And there is only one Phone OS installed on the computer.

I am using a Windows XP Pro SP2, In case this in my motherboard: Asus P4P800 SE.

There is an T-mobile Logo on it. But i am using an Lebara (NO DATA) Simcard.


Can Someone help me? and give me tips? To lett it work.??
Offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Same Problem

I have a similar problem, and have tried similar solutions. When I attempted to upgrade the OS on my 8310 it backed up and erased the old apps, and completed the first three steps of the update (Load JVM and System software; Wait for device initialization; Read application configuration), and starts Loading Applications. Part way thru (usually but not always at the application called "net_rim_cldc.cod") the process stops and I started getting the "Application Loader could not connect to your device" error message. Then the white screen with the icon and 507. Sometimes I get the App 200 screen as well.

I have deleted the old DM and device manager and downloaded and installed the most recent versions. I have deleted the vendor.xlm file. I have tried to reinstall the OS and apps using Device Manager, by running AppLoader from the C: drive, and by using the DOS prompt sequences recommended elsewhere on this forum. I have tried using different USB ports on my computer and using a different computer altogether. I havve tried pulling the battery in various points int he process. I have no third party apps (that I know of), and only try to load the most basic default software required to run my device. Connection does not seem to be an issue, because the device lights up, shows the computer to device icon on its screen, and initializes. The problem always occurs while the app modules are loading.

When I was first trying to upgrade, I got repeated requests regarding switching to "Mass Storage" mode. I replied yes each time, until the first failure. Then on repeated attempts answered no, or yes sometimes, no other times. Nothing seemed to make a difference. Finally I clicked on the "Don't show this message again" option, and haven't seen it since.

All suggestions about what to do next are welcome.

Last edited by terry.coye : 03-24-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Everett WA
Model: 4
OS: iOS4
PIN: Whats a pin? lol
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 582
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakos View Post
After Updating My Curve 8900 with DM, the phone didn't work anymore.
DM gives me an error wich is "Cannot connect to device" after that when i started the phone.

It Says 507, i know what it means. But i tried to install several time with DM And Apploader(common files).. I also Wiped it many times. With CrackMen. And JDE And BBSAK.

Afcourse i did delete the vendor file. And also tried the Battery Pul out option Many Times.

But still when it is busy with installing or loading the OS or Applications. after a while loading something it says: Cannot connect to device.

There is not a third party application on my computer wich is blocking the USB Port. And there is only one Phone OS installed on the computer.

I am using a Windows XP Pro SP2, In case this in my motherboard: Asus P4P800 SE.

There is an T-mobile Logo on it. But i am using an Lebara (NO DATA) Simcard.


Can Someone help me? and give me tips? To lett it work.??
Sounds like a bad device, what os were you attempting to install?
Offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Lebara
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRinger View Post
Sounds like a bad device, what os were you attempting to install?
I Tried almost more than 4 Firmware's Like:

8900M_PBr4[1].6.1_rel217_PL4.2.0.85_A4.6.1.133_F100
8900M_PBr4[1].6.1_rel456_PL4.2.0.127_A4.6.1.310
8900M_PBr4.6.1_rel132_PL4.2.0.59_A4.6.1.75_Orange
8900M_PBr4[1].6.1_rel241_PL4.2.0.91_A4.6.1.152

And I tried the two latest Firmware's of my Carier T-Mobile.
But Still It is not working!

(I do not understand a lot of wordt of english)
So ? What dou you mean by bad device? Stuck or Just a sh*t phone of blackberry.

I only tried to update my blackberry and it went wrong. And it said to me
Error : J:0x00000005..

Is there a special sulution to make this thing? I do not have warrantee Couze my uncel gave it to me! Without any garounte papers.
Offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Update on Thursday, March 26

Update: Last nite I downloaded the latest DM and device managing software to another computer, running Windows XP, and tried loading the OS to my Curve via Apploader.exe in my C: drive. It failed, this time leaving me with a white screen with a thick black line near the top. Should I give up, or what should I try next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.coye View Post
I have a similar problem, and have tried similar solutions. When I attempted to upgrade the OS on my 8310 it backed up and erased the old apps, and completed the first three steps of the update (Load JVM and System software; Wait for device initialization; Read application configuration), and starts Loading Applications. Part way thru (usually but not always at the application called "net_rim_cldc.cod") the process stops and I started getting the "Application Loader could not connect to your device" error message. Then the white screen with the icon and 507. Sometimes I get the App 200 screen as well.

I have deleted the old DM and device manager and downloaded and installed the most recent versions. I have deleted the vendor.xlm file. I have tried to reinstall the OS and apps using Device Manager, by running AppLoader from the C: drive, and by using the DOS prompt sequences recommended elsewhere on this forum. I have tried using different USB ports on my computer and using a different computer altogether. I havve tried pulling the battery in various points int he process. I have no third party apps (that I know of), and only try to load the most basic default software required to run my device. Connection does not seem to be an issue, because the device lights up, shows the computer to device icon on its screen, and initializes. The problem always occurs while the app modules are loading.

When I was first trying to upgrade, I got repeated requests regarding switching to "Mass Storage" mode. I replied yes each time, until the first failure. Then on repeated attempts answered no, or yes sometimes, no other times. Nothing seemed to make a difference. Finally I clicked on the "Don't show this message again" option, and haven't seen it since.

All suggestions about what to do next are welcome.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.