We have just moved from a trial edition of BES to a full-fat edition.
Things have gone very smoothly, with us only needing to import the new licence codes, etc, but one of our users has reported that a couple of hundred messages (previously deleted or moved from his Outlook Inbox) have re-appeared in his inbox, marked as 'unread'. Some of them go back 4 or 5 weeks.
This seems to be a reconciliation problem, as they started to disappear from the inbox on their own (!!), but this has now stopped, and he's still looking at 148 'new' messages which he has actually already dealt with. He is the only user to have reported this.
Has anyone else seen this sort of thing when moving servers or licences?
This problem is back on the board for us again, as it's happened to the head honcho again, and now another Blackberry user. I did find another person reporting the problem, a guy in Seattle, and his user had very similar circumstances to ours, but again, no solution. It's an unusual problem, and only people with BBs have been affected. No pattern has yet emerged that might allow us to work out what caused it nor when it may happen again.
To recap, two of our Blackberry users have now reported old messages (long since sorted into Outlook sub-folders) reappearing in their inboxes. It's happened three times (twice to one guy) and two of the occasions have involved several hundred messages, so they're quite keen not to have to refile their stuff yet again.
So far, they are the only people for whom this has happened, but since
we've not long launched the Blackberry units to our users, we want to
understand where this is coming from ASAP.