04-04-2010, 08:55 PM
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2007
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
| | Fix: Device Default Calendar.
Please Login to Remove!
I know the "device default" has plagued many people and I did find a fix it, so I thought I would make a quick post about it.
Firstly some of the common symptoms with the device default calendar:
1. Your calendar entries do not display in a Today theme home screen.
2. Your Calendar sync stopped synchronizing correcting (Although their could be a million other reasons for this.
3. In the options of your calendar app, you see a "device default" entry.
To remove your device default calendar:
1. Make sure you set the calendar you want in Options -> Advanced Options -> Default Services, set the CICAL entry to the email address you want.
2. Go into your calendar, hit the menu key and choose "options".
3. While looking at the calendar options, type "move" (If you are using a Storm device you must have the keyboard set to landscape/full mode not portrait). While you type this you will see no indication that you are typing so just quickly type it.
4. You will then get a pop-up asking "Move all appointments in base system calendar to < Email Address >" Simply say "Yes" and you will not longer have a device default calendar and all you calendar events will be in one place/calendar.
Hope this helps many people out there!
8830 -> 8330 -> 9550 -> 9650
Just think about how far BlackBerries have come from then till now... And what else is coming.
Follow me on Twitter