I haven't yet purchased a BB9700 and had a simple question about its GPS function. I sometimes go hiking in the mountains where there tends to be no cell reception but I'd still like to use the GPS to mark where the car is for when I'm returning to it. How well would this work?
Could someone please:
1) Turn off all wireless communications
2) Save a marker (without a pre-loaded map)
3) Walk 100ft or so away from that spot
4) Set marked spot as destination
5) See how BB responds (blank map with current position and destination marked? Compass towards destionation?)
6) Report results back to me
Thank you in advance!
7) PS don't forget to turn back on your wireless communications