Originally Posted by lraed74
I was able to open the CMD window and tried that, at least it looked like it was doing something but on my PC, some stuff popped up and was gone, too fast to read. I had my BB connected but didnt see anything happening cuz it was still on the 'Prefetch abort' screen.
I backup often so I dont worry about loss of data, but would like to know more for the 'if' next time, to make it easier going through this process. (also for others that need it for future reference)
Are you sure that javaloader is in your computers path? If it is not you have to open the CMD window and guide it to the right directory so it finds the javaloader program and runs it.
To add the javaloader to the path you need to do this:
1) open the properties of My computer
2) choose the advanced tab
3) choose the environment variables button on the bottom of window
4) scroll down the systems variables until you see path
5) highlight the path and choose edit
6) in this line press end to go to the end of the line and type a semi colon and then the right path to the javaloader program (Ex: ;C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.0.2\javaloader.exe
At this point the javaloader should be accessible from any place in your computer. Hope this helps you.