BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2010, 01:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.656
Carrier: Vodafone
Posts: 50
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Sync hell - and Blackberry worries

Please Login to Remove!

I have a Curve 8310 which earlier in the year suggested that I update the firmware as per the auto check on Desktop 5. This I did but since then loads of probs.

Sync has become very unstable with Outlook 2003, I never know whether there will be deletions or additions. It is very unreliable.

So next up I thought - well now I use GMail as my main program (great anti spam and virus checking amongst other features) so lets just sync direct from the BB to GMail Calendar. Only calendar and contacts since I push to the Blackberry from GMail and BIS. GCal is meant to be my main calendar and accessed by the family.

Even worse and the nagging fear that this thing is in Beta still after ages coupled with loads of complains on Google 'Help' makes me ditch this and go back to OL and audit of 3 monthly syncs and then export as a CSV and then import into GCal - Arggggghhhhhh!

Basically this is one big broken system from where I sit.

Out of the blue comes a comment somewhere that AstraSync is the jobbie and although a chargeable service I am past caring so downloaded the software.

At this point and before installation I though a poke around their forum would be a goodie, only to find the darned BB has issues which seem to be fixed in OS5.

Well guess what there is no OS5 for the 8310.

So now I am left wondering what to do. One of the common things to change in CICAL cannot be changed. I could do this on the previous version to 4.5.
I want to change my home page in the browser but cannot in the new version, like CICAL the item shows but refuses to be edited which again was easy to do before.

Sorry this is a bit of a novel but any advice would be welcome.
Offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 02:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
BB-Tech support's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Model: 9790
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 162
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardw View Post
I have a Curve 8310 which earlier in the year suggested that I update the firmware as per the auto check on Desktop 5. This I did but since then loads of probs.

Sync has become very unstable with Outlook 2003, I never know whether there will be deletions or additions. It is very unreliable.

So next up I thought - well now I use GMail as my main program (great anti spam and virus checking amongst other features) so lets just sync direct from the BB to GMail Calendar. Only calendar and contacts since I push to the Blackberry from GMail and BIS. GCal is meant to be my main calendar and accessed by the family.

Even worse and the nagging fear that this thing is in Beta still after ages coupled with loads of complains on Google 'Help' makes me ditch this and go back to OL and audit of 3 monthly syncs and then export as a CSV and then import into GCal - Arggggghhhhhh!

Basically this is one big broken system from where I sit.

Out of the blue comes a comment somewhere that AstraSync is the jobbie and although a chargeable service I am past caring so downloaded the software.

At this point and before installation I though a poke around their forum would be a goodie, only to find the darned BB has issues which seem to be fixed in OS5.

Well guess what there is no OS5 for the 8310.

So now I am left wondering what to do. One of the common things to change in CICAL cannot be changed. I could do this on the previous version to 4.5.
I want to change my home page in the browser but cannot in the new version, like CICAL the item shows but refuses to be edited which again was easy to do before.

Sorry this is a bit of a novel but any advice would be welcome.


1. From your device go to option>advance option> default services and setup there your default calendar
2. Open calendar>menu button>option - how many calendars you have there?
3. For sync with outlook try this
If u have there more then one calendar.
Type word "move" (without quota)
That will move all calendar entries to default calendar.
Try to sync.
If doesn't work again, then probably you have coruption in intellisync folder.
Delete intellisync folder.
Open DTM, click on options>data folder option.
New window will popup.
Navigate to folder which states below current folder (c:/etc/etc/etc).
Delete intellisync folder.
On DTM go to synchronization and click on reset synchronization.
that will create new intellisync folder.
After that click on synchronization and setup your synchronization again.
Tray to sync.
Should work.
__________________
Someone who likes to help
Offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 02:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.656
Carrier: Vodafone
Posts: 50
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-Tech support View Post
1. From your device go to option>advance option> default services and setup there your default calendar
2. Open calendar>menu button>option - how many calendars you have there?
3. For sync with outlook try this
If u have there more then one calendar.
Type word "move" (without quota)
That will move all calendar entries to default calendar.
Try to sync.
If doesn't work again, then probably you have coruption in intellisync folder.
Delete intellisync folder.
Open DTM, click on options>data folder option.
New window will popup.
Navigate to folder which states below current folder (c:/etc/etc/etc).
Delete intellisync folder.
On DTM go to synchronization and click on reset synchronization.
that will create new intellisync folder.
After that click on synchronization and setup your synchronization again.
Tray to sync.
Should work.
Thanks for the reply.

Only one calendar is listed. Thing is that the domain in this calendar is my own domain and not the Gmail username.

I guess this means that I don't have to type 'move' but would appreciate if this is just typed blind in calendarŠoptions or where.

I'll check the sync with OL later but actually would prefer to ditch OL since I use only Gmail and the BB now.

Any comments on Google Sync or Astra Sync?

Thanks again
Offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 03:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
BB-Tech support's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Model: 9790
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 162
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardw View Post
Thanks for the reply.

Only one calendar is listed. Thing is that the domain in this calendar is my own domain and not the Gmail username.

I guess this means that I don't have to type 'move' but would appreciate if this is just typed blind in calendarŠoptions or where.

I'll check the sync with OL later but actually would prefer to ditch OL since I use only Gmail and the BB now.

Any comments on Google Sync or Astra Sync?

Thanks again
Because you have only one calendar you dont have to type move.
Domain have nothing to do with calendar sync in Microsoft outlook (any version)
Delete intellisync folder
and then try to sync with outlook

for google sync i dont know
RIM doesn't support third party app.
That is why I m not familiar with google sync or astra sync
__________________
Someone who likes to help
Offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.656
Carrier: Vodafone
Posts: 50
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks very much. Works a treat with OL.

Fingers crossed about the rest as I really need to ditch OL.

Did you have any thoughts about the BB probs about editing stuff like the home URL in the browser. Even though I can see the entry I cannot change it.

TIA
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright © 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM © and BlackBerry © are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.