Hey, my charger stop working for my BB 8310 and I went to go and replace it without buying another one.
So what I did was, got the USB cable for my BB and cut the USB part which goes into the computer and put into a plug (UK version, because I live in the UK)
I then attached the live and neutral part to the cable and then put the mini-USB part into my BB.
I turned the plug switch on and...there was a spark and the power blew. So I quickly turned off the and i could smell that 'electric burning' smell. I looked at my BB and saw that the charger port was fairly blacken (from the spark), and that the battery is smelling of the 'electric burning', and it is stlll is smelling now.
I'm not too sure if I have :
*fried the motherboard of my BB
*fried the battery
Could somebody tell what I have done, so I could purchase a battery if I need to
Note: I know I was stupid to do this but, this is me, I experiment a lot
I would say you probably fried both. What I would do is try a standard usb to pc cable and see what it does. From there a new battery would be the cheapest. Just don't be surprised if the whole thing is toast.
Why do u think chargers (phone, routers, printers) come with relatively large black plugs instead of the usual small plugs (on lamps, fridges, toasters)?
Because they transform the AC current to DC current, at the correct voltage.
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."