06-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Knows Where the Search Button Is
Join Date: Jun 2010
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You will need you bb and notes admin to solve this problem but here are the steps:
1. run a fixup, compact and updall on all server replicas of your mail file and state db.
2. in notes, open each copy of your mail file and go to Edit, Unread Marks, Mark All Read. This will mark all emails as read.
3. right click on the workspace and select Stack Replica Icons.
4. Move your mail file to a seperate tab in notes.
5. Unstack the icons.
6. hold shift and click on any two copies of your mail file.
7. go to Edit, Unread Marks, Exchange Unread Marks.
8. If there are any other replicas of your mail file, then exchange the unread marks with one of the other copies until all replicas have 0 unread marks.
9. On your bb, go to messages and hightlight the date at the top and press the menu button and mark prior opened. This will mark everything on your bb as read.
10.Ensure that the BES has Manager permissions to your mail file.
Now you should be able to exchange your unreads in both directions.
I have found that this will solve the problem most of the time. If it doesn't there may be an entry in your mail file that has a corrupt date. This may cause the unread marks to not function properly. If this is the case, your domino admin will have to find that entry and delete it for the unread marks to work.
hope that helps.