BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2010, 03:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: three
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default New or Used Blackberry 9700

Please Login to Remove!

Hi. I am new to this forum. I am thinking to switch from nokia to blackberry. I saw many Blackberry 9700 unlock version for sale in Amazon.com. also, some stores near when i live has unlock version of 9700 as well. I have this question. is that anyway that I can tell if the 9700 is a new phone or not. i mean is that any code i can input to tell if any phone call that ever been made from the blackberry so i can check if the store is selling a brand new phone instead of one of those refurbish version?

Thank you!
Offline  
Old 07-14-2010, 07:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Sytner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.337
PIN: S = Ouch
Carrier: Orange UK
Posts: 717
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 42 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (8520 (5.0.0.411))

If the store on amazon says it is new, then it should be. The best way to be sure is to buy from a reputable seller. It may cost a little more but it depends if you want a new device guaranteed.

Unfortunately on the BlackBerry platform, there is no real way to tell if a device is unused or not with a usage timer or such.
__________________
How To Create Wallpapers
VistaBB - Vista Aero Style
^ Not bad for a 15 year old?
9800 / 6.0.0.337
If someone posts something useful, click thanks!
Offline  
Old 07-14-2010, 07:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Latino Hasta La Muerte
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denville, NJ.
Model: 7250
OS: 4.1
PIN: G!!!
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 9,025
Post Thanks: 51
Thanked 304 Times in 292 Posts
Default

You can go to Options > Status and type "buyr" without quotes. Just type it when the Status screen is up. Don't worry that there is no field to type in. This will bring up a couple of hidden lines at the bottom of the Status screen listing talk time and data usage.

It should be close to zero for a new device in both categories, but a little data usage is normal as BBs make network connections, or try to, as soon as they're powered on.
Offline  
Old 07-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: three
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
You can go to Options > Status and type "buyr" without quotes. Just type it when the Status screen is up. Don't worry that there is no field to type in. This will bring up a couple of hidden lines at the bottom of the Status screen listing talk time and data usage.

It should be close to zero for a new device in both categories, but a little data usage is normal as BBs make network connections, or try to, as soon as they're powered on.
Thx for the reply. the "buyr" command in BB. Can someone just use software to reset this to zero? or there is not such thing???

Thankx again!
Offline  
Old 07-14-2010, 08:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: three
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sytner View Post
Wirelessly posted (8520 (5.0.0.411))

If the store on amazon says it is new, then it should be. The best way to be sure is to buy from a reputable seller. It may cost a little more but it depends if you want a new device guaranteed.

Unfortunately on the BlackBerry platform, there is no real way to tell if a device is unused or not with a usage timer or such.
I just trying to save some money lol. but thx for replying tho
Offline  
Old 07-14-2010, 11:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Latino Hasta La Muerte
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denville, NJ.
Model: 7250
OS: 4.1
PIN: G!!!
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 9,025
Post Thanks: 51
Thanked 304 Times in 292 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by room1102 View Post
Thx for the reply. the "buyr" command in BB. Can someone just use software to reset this to zero? or there is not such thing???

Thankx again!
No, it's not re-settable.
Offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 05:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: three
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
No, it's not re-settable.
hi, thx for the reply. sorry, i forgot to ask this. if it is not resettable, what about people use software to flash the actual BB. would this reset the timer in the BB itself or there is not such thing as well?

thank you.
Offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 06:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
MidnightDraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chester,UK
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile
Posts: 9,481
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 110 Times in 110 Posts
Default

there is no such thing to reset it.
__________________
~Midnight Draven

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.