HELP! Blackberry crash during OS update
I just picked up this blackberry from a friend who abandoned it for some time. It's a blackberry 8000 Bold.
The first thing I tried to do was a see if there way an update. Here is what happened:
1. downloaded desktop manager
2. updated desktop manager to latest version
3. connected blackberry and was notified that there was a new OS update out
4. clicked ok to install the new OS update
5. took of for about 30 minutes, came back, and phone would not turn on. Left it for another 30 minutes...and still nothing.
6. removed battery, put battery back, and now phone boots into the Wizard and just locks up if I try to do anything.
When I connect it to Desktop Manager now, it just keep saying `"Blacberry software cannot communicate with Device. If the device is rebooting or has a dead battery....."
I can't seem to do anything with it now. Is this phone garbage now?
You might have to use jlcmdr and format the phone and reinstall....I had the issue once but jlcmdr didn't work. Out of pure brute force, I managed to get it to work again by persisting to install a newer OS...no idea why it worked though...
There is no BB8000. Perhaps it is a 9000?
See the FAQ for the two articles on Jl_Cmdr. one on how to wipe, the other on what to do if it doesn't connect.
Wipe the device.
Go to the yellow sticky at the top of the 9000 section (if it is indeed a BB 9000) and get the latest OS and the instructions for installing. Follow them exactly and be patient.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.