BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2010, 12:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Singtel
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Calendar & Contacts Sync Issue + Email Reading

Please Login to Remove!

hi all,

i just got my first , switching over from using Nokia to Torch... so, please pardon me if my question does sound stupid...

i got a few issues here... i got the BIS plan btw

1. I'm not able to get my calendar and contacts (from Gmail and Yahoo) to sync with my blackberry... keep getting stuck at the "Activation in progress" message whenever I try to click on the Synchronize button in the email set up... what am I missing here? i'm able to get emails, read them, delete them all right, no problems... which brings me to my next question:

2. When I read emails on my Torch, the message gets marked read on my Gmail... However, when I read/delete the message on my Gmail, it does not get reflected on my Torch... is this normal?

3. I've got some emails which are usually around 500-600KB. I have done some searching, and found that Blackberry's message limit is 8MB. Why is it that when I scroll to the end, either I see a "Truncated xxxxxx bytes" or "More available xxxxx bytes" but when I tried to click on More or More All, nothing else gets retrieved...

hope someone is able to answer my questions as I break into my new Torch

Last edited by lowaloysius : 11-18-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Offline  
Old 11-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
tsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Others run out when we run in
Model: Z10
OS: 10.010219
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 8,225
Post Thanks: 40
Thanked 570 Times in 565 Posts
Default Re: Calendar & Contacts Sync Issue + Email Reading

Welcome to the Forums.
Some answers that may help or may not.

Yahoo does not sync contacts wirelessly.
Reverse read indication does not work on the BB.
Most providers limit the email size and 8meg if beyond most providers. BES service may offer a larger email size if you really need 8meg emails.


To enable Google® Contact Synchronization with your BlackBerry smartphone, please complete the following steps
Launch the Email Settings application within the folder on the BlackBerry smartphone.
Select the Google Mail address, press the menu button and select Edit.

Scroll down and expand Synchronization Options
Make sure Contacts is checked, and then click Save
Confirm the Google Mail password, and then click OK

Information will start to synchronize. Please note that data synchronization may take several minutes to update on the BlackBerry smartphone. The BlackBerry smartphone user will be notified when synchronization is complete, as demonstrated below

Additional Information Note Contact synchronization occurs every four hours and is limited to 10,000 contacts. Once this number is reached, data synchronization of new contacts will stop and the BlackBerry smartphone user will get the following message You have reached the maximum number of contacts allowed by your <emailaddress> account. The BlackBerry Internet Service will continue to synchronize the existing contacts for <emailaddress> on your BlackBerry device to your <emailaddress> account. You can continue to add contacts for <emailaddress> to your BlackBerry device but the BlackBerry Internet Service will not synchronize these new contacts with your <emailaddress> account Note:Two-way wireless Contact synchronization with Google Mail Contacts requires BlackBerry® Device Software 5.0 and configuration through the Email Settings application on the BlackBerry smartphone. Additional requirements and constraints may be found within the BlackBerry Internet Service 2.8 Documentation Kit. This feature is not supported on BlackBerry smartphones with BlackBerry® Connectxxx8482; software
Note Google Mail Contact Sync is not supported on BlackBerry Device Software 5.0.0.284 and lower.
__________________
If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks buttonî


9810 BES
Z10 on BES
9700 BIS

Last edited by tsac : 11-18-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Offline  
Old 11-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Singtel
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Calendar & Contacts Sync Issue + Email Reading

Hi tsac,

Thanks for reply and the welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
Welcome to the Forums.
Some answers that may help or may not.

Yahoo does not sync contacts wirelessly.
Reverse read indication does not work on the BB.
Most providers limit the email size and 8meg if beyond most providers. BES service may offer a larger email size if you really need 8meg emails.
Problem I'm having here is that the emails sizes are in the range of 500-600kbs, no where close to the 8MB limit. However, I'm either seeing the message truncated or more available but when I try to More All, nothing happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
To enable Google® Contact Synchronization with your BlackBerry smartphone, please complete the following steps
Launch the Email Settings application within the folder on the BlackBerry smartphone.
Select the Google Mail address, press the menu button and select Edit.

Scroll down and expand Synchronization Options
Make sure Contacts is checked, and then click Save
Confirm the Google Mail password, and then click OK

Information will start to synchronize. Please note that data synchronization may take several minutes to update on the BlackBerry smartphone. The BlackBerry smartphone user will be notified when synchronization is complete, as demonstrated below
Done this already. However, the information is not sync-ing. It gets stuck at the "Activation in progress" message. Any ideas? It's been 72hours since I tried activate the sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
Additional Information Note Contact synchronization occurs every four hours and is limited to 10,000 contacts. Once this number is reached, data synchronization of new contacts will stop and the BlackBerry smartphone user will get the following message You have reached the maximum number of contacts allowed by your <emailaddress> account. The BlackBerry Internet Service will continue to synchronize the existing contacts for <emailaddress> on your BlackBerry device to your <emailaddress> account. You can continue to add contacts for <emailaddress> to your BlackBerry device but the BlackBerry Internet Service will not synchronize these new contacts with your <emailaddress> account Note:Two-way wireless Contact synchronization with Google Mail Contacts requires BlackBerry® Device Software 5.0 and configuration through the Email Settings application on the BlackBerry smartphone. Additional requirements and constraints may be found within the BlackBerry Internet Service 2.8 Documentation Kit. This feature is not supported on BlackBerry smartphones with BlackBerry® Connect™ software
Note Google Mail Contact Sync is not supported on BlackBerry Device Software 5.0.0.284 and lower.
I'm quite sure I qualify - my device software is v6.0.0.284, Platform 6.4.0.120.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads for: Calendar & Contacts Sync Issue + Email Reading
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introducing Email Assistant 1.4.4 berrylocal Aftermarket Software 2 06-26-2009 07:45 AM
Cant Send email and Calendar does not Sync Joshlarsen BES Admin Corner 3 05-20-2008 04:14 PM
Unable to sync Calendar with Outlook/BDM because "Wireless Calendar Sync is enabled" BBEnZ BES Admin Corner 4 04-28-2008 08:08 AM
Interesting Calendar Sync Problems markvibari RIM Software 5 02-13-2008 10:26 PM





Copyright © 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM © and BlackBerry © are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.