of course i already did some research, i just wanted to make sure everythings correct. Especially since I do not own a BlackBerry Device and i don't know anyone that owns one (BB is not widespread in Germany). I apologize if there was a misunderstanding.
1. What is the regular way to install Software to your BB device? Is there something like a store where only registered developers can distribute their software? Is there any kind of quality control? |
2. Is this software digitally signed to prevent malicious software to be spread?
3. Is it possible to install (unsigned) 3rd party software from other sites?
4. Is there something similar to a killswitch to remove malicious software remotely?
5. Its possible to prevent users to install 3rd party software by policies?
1. Through the Store at appworld.blackberry.com/webstore where only registered Developers can distribute apps. Apps are reviewed before they are released and digitally signed.
3. YES, but unsigned software can't use all APIs to prevent it from doing malicious things.
Maybe there are some Details which i have overlooked?