BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2006, 09:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: RI
Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 204
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default download berry 411

Please Login to Remove!

can I down load berry 411 from my bb?
Offline  
Old 01-23-2006, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
DaddyRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Model: 7290
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohardi
can I down load berry 411 from my bb?
Your answer may be in this thread: Berry 411 version 2.2
__________________
DaddyRick
201DDAD6
Offline  
Old 01-23-2006, 10:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: RI
Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 204
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

this link dose not work, http://www.thebogles.com/Berry411.htm any other ideas?
Offline  
Old 01-24-2006, 04:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
NCBuckeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 853
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I did it on my desktop so I could erase it easy if I wanted to. I'm a newb and that is easier for me.
Offline  
Old 01-24-2006, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Posts: 1,050
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohardi
this link dose not work, http://www.thebogles.com/Berry411.htm any other ideas?
For a direct install OTA:
http://www.thebogles.com/berry411.jad

For the desktop install:
http://www.thebogles.com/berry411.zip
Offline  
Old 01-24-2006, 11:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.246
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 852
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

google for mobiles is much better
__________________
-Chris
Domino 7.0.3/BES 4.1.6 on w2k3 sp2
Offline  
Old 01-24-2006, 11:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Posts: 1,050
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by murpheous
google for mobiles is much better
Google Local for mobiles is definitly more robust, I agree; however, I do find that Berry411 returns results much quicker that glm. Also, since Berry411 is polling Google Local for much of it's information, the end content is often very similar.

Also, Berry411 is much less bandwidth intensive than glm for those non-unlimited-data users out there.

I've ended up using the two in conjuction more than once: Berry411 to quickly retrieve phone number, address etc., and glm to get an overview of the surrounding streets.
Offline  
Old 01-24-2006, 12:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Model: 7520
Posts: 57
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I can't get the link to work for a desktop install. Any ideas? The OTA link isn't working for me either.
Offline  
Old 01-24-2006, 12:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Soapm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Mile Hi City
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 2,790
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Don't forget 411's aditional plugins. Dict, encyclo etc...
Offline  
Old 01-24-2006, 12:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.246
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 852
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhutchison
Google Local for mobiles is definitly more robust, I agree; however, I do find that Berry411 returns results much quicker that glm. Also, since Berry411 is polling Google Local for much of it's information, the end content is often very similar.

Also, Berry411 is much less bandwidth intensive than glm for those non-unlimited-data users out there.

I've ended up using the two in conjuction more than once: Berry411 to quickly retrieve phone number, address etc., and glm to get an overview of the surrounding streets.
I do the same. I was in a rush when i posted. Thanks for posting this.

__________________
-Chris
Domino 7.0.3/BES 4.1.6 on w2k3 sp2
Offline  
Old 01-24-2006, 12:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Posts: 1,050
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimholle
I can't get the link to work for a desktop install. Any ideas? The OTA link isn't working for me either.
TuCows has v1.32 available for download:
http://www.tucows.com/get/375454_141823
Offline  
Old 02-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 54
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I was easily able to download the latest version of Berry411 OTA by accessing http://www.thebogles.com/berry411.jad
from my Blackberry browser. However, I receive an HTTP Error 400 message indicating that "the server could not understand the page request" whenever I try to use any of the Berry411 features on my Cingular 8700c. Could it be that Berry411 is trying to access the wrong browser (WAP vs. HTML)? Does anyone know a way to fix this problem?
Offline  
Old 02-05-2006, 03:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 54
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Problem solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBmertz
I was easily able to download the latest version of Berry411 OTA by accessing http://www.thebogles.com/berry411.jad
from my Blackberry browser. However, I receive an HTTP Error 400 message indicating that "the server could not understand the page request" whenever I try to use any of the Berry411 features on my Cingular 8700c. Could it be that Berry411 is trying to access the wrong browser (WAP vs. HTML)? Does anyone know a way to fix this problem?
I just solved this problem by changing the Default browser and Default MDS browser configuration to "Internet Browser" via the Advanced Options > Browser menu on the 8700c.
Offline  
Old 02-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Cali
Model: 7520
Posts: 18
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

is Berry 411 another browser as well or is it just a search feature?
Offline  
Old 02-05-2006, 09:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Cali
Model: 7520
Posts: 18
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

well I found the Internet search site feature, I like Berry 411, it is able to utilize a lot of the websites that I couldnt before
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.