BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2011, 01:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ZAIN
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Unable to finish desktop software instal HELP

Please Login to Remove!

I cant seem able to instal the desktop software, i have tried it on 2 different laptops. I keep getting, cant finish instal
Offline  
Old 05-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Andi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chicago
Model: 9700
OS: 6.0.0.448
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 549
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Unable to finish desktop software instal HELP

You're trying to install the Blackberry Dekstop software? What is the operating system of the laptop(s)? Where did you get the software installation - the CD that came with the device or did you download it from Blackberry.com? Either may have gotten corrupted - I would uninstall (if it shows in the applications list), reboot the laptop and (re-)download it from Blackberry BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software
Offline  
Old 05-22-2011, 04:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ZAIN
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Unable to finish desktop software instal HELP

Hi Andi,

Yes i am trying to install the Blackberry Desktop Software, i have tried on both my laptops and unable to finish. I am using Windows XP. I have tried the CD that came with my Blackberry and also trying it from the website.

This is what i keep getting - "The installation of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Web Download) has failed. Setup will now exit."
Offline  
Old 05-22-2011, 02:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: Z10
OS: 10.2.1
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,733
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 500 Times in 487 Posts
Default Re: Unable to finish desktop software instal HELP

I don't have the exact answer to what is happening. But, it sounds like you are doing an update over the internet automatically using Desktop Manager. Do the following instead.

1- Download the OS file from your carrier or from a source linked in the "latest OS" thread here on the forum.

2- Run the OS file to install the OS on your computer.

3- See the directions in the "latest OS" thread to delete the vendor.xml file if you downloaded the OS from another carrier, and then use app loader to install the OS on the BlackBerry.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline  
Old 05-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Andi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chicago
Model: 9700
OS: 6.0.0.448
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 549
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Unable to finish desktop software instal HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by geelite View Post
Hi Andi,

Yes i am trying to install the Blackberry Desktop Software, i have tried on both my laptops and unable to finish. I am using Windows XP. I have tried the CD that came with my Blackberry and also trying it from the website.

This is what i keep getting - "The installation of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Web Download) has failed. Setup will now exit."
That sounds like maybe a problem with Microsoft not the desktop software. Try to install the .Net framework on its own - you can download it here Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

Make sure you have done a complete uninstall of the BB Desktop software (and a reboot) then try again. Good luck!
Offline  
Old 05-23-2011, 06:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: Z10
OS: 10.2.1
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,733
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 500 Times in 487 Posts
Default Re: Unable to finish desktop software instal HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
I don't have the exact answer to what is happening. But, it sounds like you are doing an update over the internet automatically using Desktop Manager. Do the following instead.

1- Download the OS file from your carrier or from a source linked in the "latest OS" thread here on the forum.

2- Run the OS file to install the OS on your computer.

3- See the directions in the "latest OS" thread to delete the vendor.xml file if you downloaded the OS from another carrier, and then use app loader to install the OS on the BlackBerry.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
I am a moron. How I didn't read desktop manager I don't know.
__________________
- Ira
Offline  
Old 05-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: Z10
OS: 10.2.1
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,733
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 500 Times in 487 Posts
Default Re: Unable to finish desktop software instal HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
That sounds like maybe a problem with Microsoft not the desktop software. Try to install the .Net framework on its own - you can download it here Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

Make sure you have done a complete uninstall of the BB Desktop software (and a reboot) then try again. Good luck!
Agree. And if you uninstall Desktop Manager, it may save time to go ahead and do a clean uninstall. Do a search on clean ininstall blackberry desktop manager and you will find instructions.
__________________
- Ira
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads for: Unable to finish desktop software instal HELP
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Software problems. Help! LexEnder BlackBerry Help 3 03-13-2011 06:22 AM
How to Perform a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software d_fisher RIM Software 48 02-12-2011 04:31 PM
Unite! Help Guide Sith_Apprentice BlackBerry Unite 17 12-25-2008 01:08 PM
What am I missing; Desktop Software lardan General BlackBerry Discussion 7 12-02-2007 09:42 PM
Blackberry Desktop Manager serious error m.bong General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve 1 11-07-2007 11:05 AM





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.