BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2006, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Model: Curve
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Cant access internet, error not in data area.HELP

Please Login to Remove!

Ive been using my browser with no problem for about 3 days, and now all of a sudden im getting the message.

"You are not currently in an area that can handle data communication. As a result teh brower can not access web pages"

Im in the same area ive always been, browser worked fine this morning. What should i do?
Offline  
Old 02-03-2006, 10:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Have a beer the network must be down.

What is your screen showing: GSM, grps or GRPS. If it's not in caps, it won't get to the internet. Or are you on another carrier. More info needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSCbrenden
Ive been using my browser with no problem for about 3 days, and now all of a sudden im getting the message.

"You are not currently in an area that can handle data communication. As a result teh brower can not access web pages"

Im in the same area ive always been, browser worked fine this morning. What should i do?
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Old 02-03-2006, 10:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Model: Curve
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Im with cingular its showing GSM. i have the unlimited data in at 7100g


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
What is your screen showing: GSM, grps or GRPS. If it's not in caps, it won't get to the internet. Or are you on another carrier. More info needed.
Offline  
Old 02-03-2006, 11:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
Stinsonddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern California
Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,518
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ok you have a network issue right now.

You need GRPS for data. There is a little on this in my 8700 tips. It's not in my 7100 tips but you might want to download that and use it if you are new to the BB. Sometimes you need to reboot. For the 7100g, that means take the battery out. It didn't happen to me too often with the 7100 but once in while. Good luck.



Quote:
Originally Posted by PSCbrenden
Im with cingular its showing GSM. i have the unlimited data in at 7100g
__________________
Shortcuts Rule!! Download Link:[Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips ] GET TORCHED
@ Stinsonddog
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.